help with recovery

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
i used odin to root with the CF-Auto-Root-d2vzw-d2vzw-schi535.tar.... i have root access via root checker but i dont seem to have a custom recovery and i dont know if i unlocked the bootstrap... all i want out of this is a kernel and a rom with the best batt life. i have a i535 and im going to put it on walmart tmobile for 35 a month... i also need to edit the apn to get the data working when i get the sim card and all that friday. i have tried to use apn manager pro and it can save my apn. so i guess my question is where do i go from here to get all these things possible?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
i used odin to root with the CF-Auto-Root-d2vzw-d2vzw-schi535.tar.... i have root access via root checker but i dont seem to have a custom recovery and i dont know if i unlocked the bootstrap... all i want out of this is a kernel and a rom with the best batt life. i have a i535 and im going to put it on walmart tmobile for 35 a month... i also need to edit the apn to get the data working when i get the sim card and all that friday. i have tried to use apn manager pro and it can save my apn. so i guess my question is where do i go from here to get all these things possible?
Bootstrap? I think you mixed the terms safestrap and bootloader XD
Anyway, I found this thread on xda ★[8/27] [Casual] [Root, Unlock, Recovery] Vzw S3 Toolkit or 1-Click!! [ALL OTA's]★ - xda-developers for the VZW GS3 :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
ok i have a custom recovry now but what is the best rom for no bloat and best bat life i also need on that will let me edit my damn apn

I'd recommend SlimBean 4.3 :D
The idle drain is almost nonexistent. I've gotten almost 7 hours of screen time on my S4

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
There should be one for it. Look for Verizon S3 SlimBean

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can flash both from internal memory. As far as flashing kernels just follow instructions from the Site where you get it from. Roms just flash as usual.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance