1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Keep root after 4.3?

Im currently rooted running AOKP but i wanted to try going back to stock since 4.3 just released so wondering if its possible to keep root if i go back to stock and update via OTA? sorry its been awhile since i have been unrooted and dont want to lose root just to test out 4.3

If not than when available (i know its still super early) can someone post link when the stock 4.3 rom is rooted and ready to flash thanks

Default Re: Keep root after 4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by amosque57 View Post
    Im currently rooted running AOKP but i wanted to try going back to stock since 4.3 just released so wondering if its possible to keep root if i go back to stock and update via OTA? sorry its been awhile since i have been unrooted and dont want to lose root just to test out 4.3

If not than when available (i know its still super early) can someone post link when the stock 4.3 rom is rooted and ready to flash thanks
    yes use this app
    If I helped hit that thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by amosque57 View Post
    wondering if its possible to keep root if i go back to stock and update via OTA
    If you go back to stock (rooted) and take the normal precautions then it's POSSIBLE that you'll retain root. Also just as likely that you won't. I didn't see any comments addressing that topic in the other forums.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    If you go back to stock (rooted) and take the normal precautions then it's POSSIBLE that you'll retain root. Also just as likely that you won't. I didn't see any comments addressing that topic in the other forums.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    I am still stock, just unlocked the boot loader and then froze apps with titanium backup. What are "the normal precautions"

Sent from my rooted, debloated Samsung Galaxy III

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Zenick View Post
    yes use this app
    Matt,
    Have you successfully used that app to retain root when updating to 4.3 on the Verizon OTA? Or are you just commenting that it may work?

The app description says in part "while Samsung phones updated via Kies or Odin and older device flashing entire system partition do not support this free app" - doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. In addition, someone in another thread already noted that which has been around a lot longer and has proven reliable does NOT work for 4.3.