Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with getting Verizon Galaxy S3 working with Tmobile Baseband and Network

I have followed the steps in this article ---> <--- I got all the way to step t but did not get the "Yes - Disable recovery flash" message. I did continue to the rest of the steps and it shows that my phone is rooted but I still can not stick to tmobiles towers and I keep getting a pop up asking if I want to switch to global. Does not clicking "Yes - Disable recovery flash" make the difference to making it work with tmobile if so how can I fix this. I have the Samsung galaxy s3 i535 4.1.2 vrbmf1.

Default Re: Help with getting Verizon Galaxy S3 working with Tmobile Baseband and Network

Out of curiosity, why didn't you just call Verizon and ask them to unlock the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Help with getting Verizon Galaxy S3 working with Tmobile Baseband and Network

I bought it from someone in cl and I'm not sure if its a clean esn or what the acct status is.

Well, Step T appears to be critical (it's highlighted in red, so even though I'm not sure what happens after the reboot, it must be something that didn't happen on your phone.

I'll see if I can find the guy over in the Sprint forums that seems to know his way around unlocking.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I am not sure if GSDer meant me, but to the OP, you still have a working phone?
    Often, with CWM, you only have a few seconds to make that selection.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

The phone is still working when I was in cwm it said to reboot but did not give the option to click yes it just did an automatic reboot

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I would go through the whole process again. Read through everything a few times, just to make sure you didn't skip a small step.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Do I need to factory reset my phone to undo everything and then proceed again?

See also Can I use my Verizon GS3 on T-Mobile ????
    Can I use my Verizon GS3 on T-Mobile ????

Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Love View Post
    Do I need to factory reset my phone to undo everything and then proceed again?
    I would. Just so a setting isn't messing with you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Ok thank you ill try it right now
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I called them and they said they can not give me an unlock code because I was trying to switch to a different carrier.

That's b/s - that's the whole point of an unlock code.
    If your account is in good standing they have no ground to stand on to withhold an unlock code.

You may want to remind them that President Obama has requested that the FCC start cracking down on carriers that refuse to provide an unlock code to someone whose contract is up and whose account is in good standing.

You should also file a complaint with the FCC and BBB.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk