Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon S3 Recovery Boot

I recently just rooted my Galaxy S3 and was installing CWM. I used ROM Manager to boot back into recovery and now each time my phone boots, the phone instantly goes into recovery mode and displays where the recovery screen should be: "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. " Is there any way to get the phone to not boot into recovery mode by default?

Default Re: Verizon S3 Recovery Boot

Did you have 4.3 on your phone when you attempted to load CWM through ROM Manager?

If so, follow the links in this post http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3374531
    (When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found), and once you have returned your phone to operating condition and rooted it, don't attempt to load alternate Recovery software or load a different ROM.

If not, please provide additional information, like what firmware your phone is running, etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My phone is on 4.3. Kies recognizes that there is a device when in download mode but it doesn't recognize what phone. I'll try to flash the default 4.3 with odin though,
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Alright, that worked. Thank you!