Verizon GS3: Clean Rom 7 and 4.3 OTA

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Clean Rom 7.

This morning my phone had the OTA software update notification.

I deferred the update but shouldn't the custom ROM have prevented the phone from seeing the update?

I have a rooted deodexed stock ROM download on the phone and still have all the files from my initial rooting.

Any suggestions to prevent the deferred update from installing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Clean Rom 7 and 4.3 OTA

I'm running Clean Rom 7.

This morning my phone had the OTA software update notification.

I deferred the update but shouldn't the custom ROM have prevented the phone from seeing the update?

I have a rooted deodexed stock ROM download on the phone and still have all the files from my initial rooting.

Any suggestions to prevent the deferred update from installing?

Next time you get the notification in the status bar, long press it to see which app it is so you can use Titanium to freeze it.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

If you have the "SDM" app, I'd freeze that one *smile*. That's a key app in the OTA update process.

Oh, there's also now a rooted version of the 4.3 OTA available (without KNOX, etc.) that I switched to from CleanROM 7 recently. And there's also been a new (beta) version of Lean Kernel posted for it that I just flashed today. Working well, and I like the new look!

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Thank you - I froze SDM. Now when I go into Settings/About Phone/Software Update I get a "settings has stopped" error so I expect that has fixed the issue.

I'll look for the rooted version of 4.3 and try it out.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I flashed it to my son's phone over the weekend and it's been trouble free. Much smoother then 4.1.2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I updated to Core 8 and it's really snappy. My only issue is that I'm experimenting some weak signal issues. Any advice?

Posted via Android Central App

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried Clean Rom 8? I just saw that it's available but haven't heard any opinions.

Posted via Android Central App

Probably answering too late at this point, but I just found CleanROM 8 late last night, and flashed it today, still have a LOT of catchup reading to do in the thread. It is working really well with the Lean Kernel, very smooth and much less battery usage at idle than the previous 4.3 ROM I was using. And I haven't even done much to decrease battery usage, only installed Greenify and the xposed framework and added a few things to it, that's it so far. Oh yeah, and threw nearly everything out of the boat that I don't use, debloated the heck out of it *smile*.

Battery usage at idle is looking like less than 1% per hour, too early to tell yet, but I'm very happy with how well it's working. Happy to be back on CleanROM again, I thought that Scott was done.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12