Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.3 OTA bug for SCH-I535

After updating to the OTA 4.3 my S3 now has a glitch causing the screen to occasionally black out, mostly during phone calls but also after screen timeouts when i hit the power button to turn the screen back on it'll stay black for awhile, the menu and back buttons light up and the touch sensor still works even when black. it work flawlessly before the update. I tried to root and was successful at it using the saferoot method but because of the know being lock I can not install a custom rom or recovery and the problem was still there because I was still using the 4.3 rom. So I used odin3 vs3.07 and put the stock rom back on and unrooted and the problem is still there. does anyone know how to fix this glitch or does anyone know how i can go back to the 4.2.1 rom or install the 4.4.2 rom because 4.3 has been nothing but a headache for me.

Default Re: 4.3 OTA bug for SCH-I535

Just a quick suggestion...boot into the regular recovery mode, and clear the cache and the dalvik cache, and that might help you. If that doesn't help, maybe a full factory reset might do the trick, being sure to restore apps manually. And before doing a factory reset, be sure to have anything that you don't want to lose backed up!

Quote Originally Posted by John Williams16 View Post
    anyone know how i can go back to the 4.2.1 rom or install the 4.4.2 rom
    Perhaps you meant 4.1.2?
    There is no 4.2.1 or 4.4 for the Verizon Galaxy S3.

And it would be really helpful if you'd limit duplicate posts - this is the third post about the same issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Mine did that too. Turns out the camera or front sensor is a lot more sensitive and so if you are remotely close it it... it turns your stuff off.

I get something like that too. When I get a phone call the screen will go black for several seconds before the display appears correctly. If you figure it out, let me know!

Quick question.... Whenever I boot in recovery, I can't find the option to wipe dalvik, only the cache. This happened after 4.3 update. Anyone knows how I can do it?

Posted via Android Central App
    the panda has spoken