Can I make a Nandroid on stock 4.3?

zetodavido

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Howdy,

I've never made a nandroid backup before. I searched online for instructions and found several guides. They all require you to use a custom recovery to make the backup. I'm running stock TW 4.3. Being naive, I actually tried to use CWM to reboot into recovery, resulting in a soft-bricked device and the yellow triangle.

Is there a way to make a nandroid backup on my device?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Howdy,

I've never made a nandroid backup before. I searched online for instructions and found several guides. They all require you to use a custom recovery to make the backup. I'm running stock TW 4.3. Being naive, I actually tried to use CWM to reboot into recovery, resulting in a soft-bricked device and the yellow triangle.

Is there a way to make a nandroid backup on my device?

Do you have CWM? It's not an app, you need to flash the actual recovery, but I'm not sure it's possible on 4.3
Either way, without it, you can't make a full system backup

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

zetodavido

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you have CWM? It's not an app, you need to flash the actual recovery, but I'm not sure it's possible on 4.3
Either way, without it, you can't make a full system backup

Ah, no I don't. I went online and found a walkthrough and I don't believe it mentioned that. It told me to download the CWM Rom Manager from the play store, install it, and then use it to boot into recovery mode from the app. That is when I got the Yellow Triangle and got soft bricked. If I try to flash CWM I might get that triangle again, is that right? I don't want to go through that again.