Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I make a Nandroid on stock 4.3?

Howdy,

I've never made a nandroid backup before. I searched online for instructions and found several guides. They all require you to use a custom recovery to make the backup. I'm running stock TW 4.3. Being naive, I actually tried to use CWM to reboot into recovery, resulting in a soft-bricked device and the yellow triangle.

Is there a way to make a nandroid backup on my device?

Default Re: Can I make a Nandroid on stock 4.3?

Unfortunately, not without a custom recovery.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by zetodavido View Post
    Howdy,

I've never made a nandroid backup before. I searched online for instructions and found several guides. They all require you to use a custom recovery to make the backup. I'm running stock TW 4.3. Being naive, I actually tried to use CWM to reboot into recovery, resulting in a soft-bricked device and the yellow triangle.

Is there a way to make a nandroid backup on my device?
    Do you have CWM? It's not an app, you need to flash the actual recovery, but I'm not sure it's possible on 4.3
    Either way, without it, you can't make a full system backup

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Do you have CWM? It's not an app, you need to flash the actual recovery, but I'm not sure it's possible on 4.3
    Either way, without it, you can't make a full system backup
    Ah, no I don't. I went online and found a walkthrough and I don't believe it mentioned that. It told me to download the CWM Rom Manager from the play store, install it, and then use it to boot into recovery mode from the app. That is when I got the Yellow Triangle and got soft bricked. If I try to flash CWM I might get that triangle again, is that right? I don't want to go through that again.

Quote Originally Posted by zetodavido View Post
    If I try to flash CWM I might get that triangle again, is that right?
    Yes.

I don't know how much Recovery functionality it provides, but you might want to look at Safestrap http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605648

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro