1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Brag about your rooted Galaxy S3?

Hey everyone! This is my first time on here. I'm on the border of making the leap. I'm all about customizing my phone so I think it would be the right step. I posted this in hopes to learn about some the the best things you can do with a rooted phone. Favorite roms.. Cool things you can do. Best places to get the roms and ect. Hopefully I'm not out of line with this post I know you may have all seen these hundreds of times. Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-26-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Brag about your rooted s3?

Quote Originally Posted by atticus599 View Post
    Hey everyone! This is my first time on here. I'm on the border of making the leap. I'm all about customizing my phone so I think it would be the right step. I posted this in hopes to learn about some the the best things you can do with a rooted phone. Favorite roms.. Cool things you can do. Best places to get the roms and ect. Hopefully I'm not out of line with this post I know you may have all seen these hundreds of times. Thank you for your time!
    Welcome! Yes, root has it's pros if you utilize it enough! You can remove bloatware, install custom recoveries, flash ROMs, install kernels, flags mods, and give apps that need root access a lot more features!

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you! I am eager to figure it all out. I seen you are running the Codefire X Rom. Do they work for any phone once rooted or are they limited to certain phones?

Saferoot

Safestrap

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by atticus599 View Post
    Thank you! I am eager to figure it all out. I seen you are running the Codefire X Rom. Do they work for any phone once rooted or are they limited to certain phones?
    I do not know. They probably do have ROMs for other phones.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

ROMs are specific to the phone - a ROM for Sprint GS3 will not work on a Verizon GS3.

I rooted to run a custom ROM and give me more control.

I'm running CleanRom 8 and really like it - very quick, no issues.

I use Secure Settings and Tasker to automate phone functions and settings. There are things I want my phone to do without thinking about and rooting let's me do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildside View Post
    and Tasker...and rooting let's me do that.
    It should be pointed out that Tasker doesn't require a phone to be rooted, and that probably 95% of its functionality is available without rooting.

Just don't want the OP to get the impression that he can't do anything without being rooted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro