Resurrection Remix ROM

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I've been thinking of flashing Resurrection Remix ROM because it offers many amazing features and it's so good, better than TouchWIZ. So I'll ask you guys two questions before I flash it, let's start:

1) I am running the official Android 4.1.2 on my S3, when I flash Resurrection Remix, would it touch the modem? I mean am I gonna have issues with the signal such as calling, messaging..?

2) This question is related to the first question, can I flash the Resurrection Remix ROM [4.4.2] over my official Android 4.1.2 JB? Does it cause issues with the modem? Does it change? Or should I flash 4.3 first then flash the Resurrection Remix 4.4.2? Please take it serious, because the last time I hard-bricked my device because someone told me to flash a PIT file although my phone was working fine but I had no signal.

Update: Please give me instructions on how to install it, since I have the official 4.1.2, not a previous Resurrection Remix ROM or a different custom ROM. [By this I mean, clearing cache, factory reset and whatelse].

Thanks,
AhmadS3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
1. Most of the time, no. ROMs don't usually touch the Modem.
2. Yes, the ROM would flash over your stock ROM. If you are rooted already (and you need to be to flash a custom ROM) make a Nandroid backup of your current stock ROM, and then flash your custom ROM.

If you are not rooted, check this out: How to Root Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535!

Also this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...00292-guide-how-use-your-custom-recovery.html

And this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-how-flash-custom-recovery-clockwork-mod.html

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
1. Most of the time, no. ROMs don't usually touch the Modem.
2. Yes, the ROM would flash over your stock ROM. If you are rooted already (and you need to be to flash a custom ROM) make a Nandroid backup of your current stock ROM, and then flash your custom ROM.

If you are not rooted, check this out: How to Root Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535!

Also this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...00292-guide-how-use-your-custom-recovery.html

And this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-how-flash-custom-recovery-clockwork-mod.html

Excuse me, but would it cause signal issues if I flash the 4.4.2 custom ROM over my official 4.1.2 JB? Should I flash 4.3 then 4.4.2? Or automatically to 4.4.2?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me, but would it cause signal issues if I flash the 4.4.2 custom ROM over my official 4.1.2 JB? Should I flash 4.3 then 4.4.2? Or automatically to 4.4.2?

There have been issues with getting some S3 devices to flash custom ROMs past 4.3 due to a security feature known as Knox. If you flash the 4.3 stock ROM, you drastically reduce your chances of being able to flash a custom ROM.

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
There have been issues with getting some S3 devices to flash custom ROMs past 4.3 due to a security feature known as Knox. If you flash the 4.3 stock ROM, you drastically reduce your chances of being able to flash a custom ROM.
Alright, I have the official 4.1.2 I can flash Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 without having signal issues, right?

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You need to root first, but I don't think you are going to have any issues with the modem.
I am already rooted, and are you sure? I flashed a ROM called 'S5 Revolution' it's 4.4.2, I had no signal and I was running 4.1.2.
But when I flash Cyanogenmod, it doesn't touch the modem but Resurrection Remix is better, so are you sure it doesn't touch the modem? I don't want to lose my signal because if I flash the stock ROM I'll brick my device, and if I want to fix it I pay like $50. Are you sure? :p

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am already rooted, and are you sure? I flashed a ROM called 'S5 Revolution' it's 4.4.2, I had no signal and I was running 4.1.2.
But when I flash Cyanogenmod, it doesn't touch the modem but Resurrection Remix is better, so are you sure it doesn't touch the modem? I don't want to lose my signal because if I flash the stock ROM I'll brick my device, and if I want to fix it I pay like $50. Are you sure? :p

I would say that issues with rom not really with a modem and yes I'm pretty sure

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
are you sure it doesn't touch the modem?
Why don't you ask this question in the XDA forum where you're getting the ROM? The ROM developer is the best person to answer questions about what his ROM does/doesn't do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you ask this question in the XDA forum where you're getting the ROM? The ROM developer is the best person to answer questions about what his ROM does/doesn't do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Actually I tried making 3 accounts using 3 emails on XDA, I didn't get the activation link on all my emails. So I thought this webiste would be able to help.

Posted via Android Central App