- 137 Posts
Trying to get software update: when I check, I get "Unfortunately settings has stopped."
Using root check, I have checked and am no longer rooted (I used SuperSU and clicked the unroot option)
I'm running 4.3. The phone continues to work fine, but I'd like to try out the kitkat update.
So, when I check using >software update, I get the error message.
Obviously, I'm overlooking something... what might that be?☆ ★ | ROM | [JellyBean][4.3] BeanStalk Build 4.3.1001 - [04 OCT] |★ ☆
- 06-22-2014, 03:40 PM #2
- 6,253 Posts
Re: Trying to get software update: when I check, I get "Unfortunately settings has stopped."
Too many variables to guess at what might be messed up - just use Odin to load http://samsung-updates.com/details/2...35VRUCNC1.html and then you should be able to accept the OTA. Be sure you wipe the system cache and perform a Factory Reset in Recovery mode after loading that just to be on the safe side.
Note that if you weren't already on firmware containing the Knox bootloader component, you will be.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By Ry in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 156Last Post: 09-29-2014, 11:40 PM
- By Ry in forum Moto EReplies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2014, 04:58 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2014, 11:22 PM
- By Ry in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 14Last Post: 07-07-2014, 09:23 PM
- By comptech520 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-20-2014, 01:22 PM