Verizon SGS3 w/ S4

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I notice there was wifi certification for an SGH-i515 months ago and it was commonly referred to as SCH-i515 (have no clue why). I thought only SCH numbers were Verizon and SGH were AT&T. I wouldn't think they'd be sharing the second half of numbers.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
gah, cnet is reporting that an LTE version isn't slated until Dec of this year... altho that is when my contract is up so it might be perfect timing... but that would be almost 6 months after the international version is released.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
gah, cnet is reporting that an LTE version isn't slated until Dec of this year... altho that is when my contract is up so it might be perfect timing... but that would be almost 6 months after the international version is released.

That sucks. I figured Samsung would want to release it before the next iPhone is released, not after.

livendive

May 3, 2012
Visit site

Bummer, my Droid2 is dying and my contract is up. I was hoping this device would be my answer, but there's no way I'm gimping by on my current phone till December. I guess I'll have to hang my hopes on the fighter/razr maxx HD.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

That is crazy, no way is it going to take that long to release. Samsung said the US tour is in June so that means we will likely see the phone July/August time frame.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
This REALLY sucks especially since ATT is not getting it first which is weird considering they offer the GS2 Skyrocket.. And in DEC? That really bites.. I think I may just go with the HTC One X instead since I'm tired of waiting and the new iPhone will probably be out before the GS3 in the US too.. UGH!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Cnet has posted an update stating they are now hearing summer. Phonearena article has same info.

this is their quote now: "While this is the global version that Samsung showed off at its unveiling event, an LTE version of the Galaxy S III phone will come to the U.S., but it isn't slated until summer, a full year after the Samsung Galaxy Nexus launched on Verizon."

haha, they forgot to change the "full year" part... but I really hope it's summer along with the other major carriers.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
201205037600.jpg

We'll see!

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Please be on Verizon with the S4! I don't want a battery guzzle quad core, I want 2 super awesome cores. I'm getting sick of my Galaxy S Fascinate (although I do have ICS on it thanks to Team Hacksung)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I want this phone BAD! Almost to the point where future-proofing myself and getting an LTE compatible device (I don't have it in my area yet, supposedly next year) doesn't even matter. If a 3G only model is out in June I may bite the bullet and get it instead of waiting for an LTE compatible version.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Please be on Verizon with the S4! I don't want a battery guzzle quad core, I want 2 super awesome cores. I'm getting sick of my Galaxy S Fascinate (although I do have ICS on it thanks to Team Hacksung)

I'm in the exact same boat, but swap your want for a S4 vs my want for the quad core exynos. Its exynos or bust. That is the reason why I didn't upgrade to the galaxy nexus because I do not want to settle for second best, which is every other processor besides the a samsung one. There is a reason why we are still able to hang on to our fascinate, and thats because we had the samsung hummingbird chip. It was the best single core chip bar non. That is why it runs ICS so smoothly. Now fast forward to today, would you want to settle for a inferior chip?

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I want this phone BAD! Almost to the point where future-proofing myself and getting an LTE compatible device (I don't have it in my area yet, supposedly next year) doesn't even matter. If a 3G only model is out in June I may bite the bullet and get it instead of waiting for an LTE compatible version.

Verizon is done releasing 3G only smartphones. And 3G is pitiful, try streaming Youtube while in a moving car.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis