Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matt0715
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon release date

Has anyone heard anything other than June? I imagine not, but worth asking. I want to use an upgrade before the unlimited data cutoff. But of course we don't know when either will occur.

All depends on if it gets held by customs like motor and HTC. Apple will prob sue over s voice

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

I don't know if it's true or not but I heard Apple was suing Microsoft for violating it's patent on denying cell phone imports thru customs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    All depends on if it gets held by customs like motor and HTC. Apple will prob sue over s voice

They do not have any current injunctions on Samsung, unlike the HTC situation. What exactly would they be suing about Siri? There was already voice conrolled services on Android, pre-siri.

Sorry, no Apple lawsuit delays for the GS3.

ROM
    CM 7.03

Default Re: Verizon release date

Hoping soon

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

How about the specs, does anyone have what this phone is going to house? So far I have only seen some of its features but nothing regarding the specs. Not thrilled about that huge button either, but I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mud314 View Post
    How about the specs, does anyone have what this phone is going to house? So far I have only seen some of its features but nothing regarding the specs. Not thrilled about that huge button either, but I can live with it.
    Same specs. Except s4 CPU. And maybe 2g ram

Thanked by:
    mud314 

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

Verizons sgs3 now has its bluetooth sig!
    ajl06808 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by matt0715 View Post
    Verizons sgs3 now has its bluetooth sig!
    Excellent news! Now we just need word on it clearing the FCC...

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

The one concern I have is US carriers removing features (like NFC) and even the software features in TouchWiz like they've done in the past. Usually AT&T is the worst and Sprint the best in that regard.

And I'm still hoping for 2GB in the US S4 phones like the ones in Japan.

I too would like to upgrade before the unlimited data change. I hope they release soon...

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

The rumor I've heard is Verizon won't release any LTE phones till the new shared data plans are in place

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

That would be typical Verizon bs

Sent via Tapatalk by way of my Nexus Galaxy
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

My bet is the new shared plans were planned in conjunction with the release of the GS3. We will see these plans go live right before it releases or along side its release and be advertised as a new "feature".

I am torn as I am on an unlimited plan, and thinking about leaving Verizon if this is indeed what they do. My upgrade isn't until August, but was praying to have them give me an early upgrade due to all the issues i've had with my current phone.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I'm hopeful that it'll come out before they kill unlimited plans, like the Thunderbolt did, but I don't expect it. I have an upgrade to use and I'd really like to use it on the GS3. There's nothing else compelling right now from Verizon.

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Verizon is worried about the millions of iPhone users on grandfathered unlimited data and what will happen when they upgrade to iPhone 5, which will likely be LTE. Combine that with GS3 launch, and you have a great opportunity to charge your customers even more.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    I'm hopeful that it'll come out before they kill unlimited plans, like the Thunderbolt did, but I don't expect it. I have an upgrade to use and I'd really like to use it on the GS3. There's nothing else compelling right now from Verizon.
    I agree. I have an upgrade waiting to be used and I'm inpatiently waiting for the GS3 once it hits Verizon.

I have a Galaxy Nexus. I don't mind a second of those since the phone is really nice and very reliable. I was just hoping for something a bit newer gen... DD will likely receive my GNex and I will keep the new upgrade. Hence my desire to have something different.

To be honest, I doubt this will release on Verizon in June. It'll be dragged out, just like every big release on Verizon.

Global Posts
    6,663 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Yup I will be surprised if vzw launches the Samsung Galaxy S3 before they kill the unlimited plan ,which suks.
    I have an upgrade I have been sitting on since March,I wont upgrade to anything after vzw kills the unlimited plan.
    If thats the case I guess I will be stuck with the phones I currently have. Buying a phone at full price (off contract) will be kinda tough coming up with the cash all at once.