Verizon preorders start June 6

ti2grrr

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
OK this maybe a silly question but HOW do you preorder? Do you have to put money down for down payment? Do they charge it to your account? Do they not charge your account till the phone comes in? I've never preordered before and I'd love to upgrade to this phone from my Droid x. I've been waiting for a good enough upgrade cause I've been so satisfied with it.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I was told by a friend that Verizon still offers unlimited data to new customers as part of certain employee discount plans. Can someone confirm this or give me some info?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Had they kept the quad core Exynos in this phone, I may have attempted to creatively turn my GNex into an SIII...now, it's just not worth the effort.

ProvDev

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Had they kept the quad core Exynos in this phone, I may have attempted to creatively turn my GNex into an SIII...now, it's just not worth the effort.

The S4 is a very very capable chipset that is designed by Qualcom to work with 4g... unlike the omap in the Nexus. My nexus is going to my fiancee and the S3 is a very very worthy upgrade for me!

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in this phone but I won't pre order. Have a Nexus now that can't keep a phone signal in my semi rural area. Will Waite for some reviews and find out if it will actually be usable for voice calls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: chevyman29

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in this phone but I won't pre order. Have a Nexus now that can't keep a phone signal in my semi rural area. Will Waite for some reviews and find out if it will actually be usable for voice calls.

I just swapped out my nex because of signal issues. Everything works perfect. But I will probably still upgrade to this.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I just swapped out my nex because of signal issues. Everything works perfect. But I will probably still upgrade to this.

I'm on my 4'th and have decided the Nexus isn't a good choice for small town USA. I hope the 3 is better.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 4'th and have decided the Nexus isn't a good choice for small town USA. I hope the 3 is better.

Yeah luckily I'm in phx and we had 4g right away. It was very upsetting having a broken 600$ phone. Along with people on these forums basically saying suck it up. I like the nexus but honestly like the look of skins and usually run roms with a lot of custom stuff so the s3 looks good to me.

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For what its worth, I just go off the phone with a Verizon rep named Andreas (#58035). He said the below:

"During the preorder, make a plan selection. The selection doesnt matter. When you receive the phone, call customer service for activation. Tell them you were on the unlimited plan, and they will make sure that it is kept on your account"

I am going to follow this up with an email as well... you know, in writing and all... but here's to hoping that we all get to keep that sweet sweet unlimited plan.

Fingers crossed, all.

From the VZW forums, re Unlimited data: You have 14 days to request it (unlimited data) be reinstated. If you don't already have unlimited, you can't get it. It was discontinued last summer. If you currently have unlimited and upgrade to a 4G phone, call *611 immediately after you upgrade and request they reinstate your unlimited data plan.
Do we still need to call them if at the time when we select our data plan there is an unlimited option? Because I have an upgrade available and went through the process just to see what would show up. As of right now you can still select unlimited web+email for your data plan. This was going from a 3g phone to 4g. I think I chose the nexus. Didn't complete the transaction obviously.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do we still need to call them if at the time when we select our data plan there is an unlimited option? Because I have an upgrade available and went through the process just to see what would show up. As of right now you can still select unlimited web+email for your data plan. This was going from a 3g phone to 4g. I think I chose the nexus. Didn't complete the transaction obviously.

I would imagine that if the unlimited option shows up, of course pick that. If it doesn't show up, and you're on the grandfathered unlimited plan, that's when you need to call and make sure it's added to your account during activation.

I was working from the line on the Preorder Page that said something to the effect of "customers will need to select a 2GB or 4gb LTE plan".

Important thing to remember from what I saw in the Verizon forums is that you have 14 days to have unlimited added back to your account. What I don't know is if it is "14 days from pre order" or "14 days from activation".

Obviously, the best possible scenario is that the unlimited option is available on the Page for those that still have it.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ever had Verizon place a "place holder phone" on the line until you can get the new phone? I am selling my Nexus and won't have a new phone until.... well, I can buy the S3. So a few weeks. Sprint used to do this for me when we had them.

alix8821

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm callling best buy today and will be pre ordering from them if I can. I've always liked them better for some reason

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Wondering what accessories VZ will have at launch. Want the flip case and c-pen. Haven't seen any mention of accessories anywhere....

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I hope its smooth sailing tomorrow morning when I wake up to order online because I want to go back to bed right after :)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm callling best buy today and will be pre ordering from them if I can. I've always liked them better for some reason

Here's why I like them: 30 day return policy (45 for Reward Silver members). 14 days is not long enough to fully evaluate a phone.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't the 14 day Verizon policy still apply? i.e. You can return the phone and go back to your old one up to 14 days but after that you can only exchange?

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I called today to see what Best Buy said about pre-ordering through them as opposed to Verizon tomorrow and the gentleman who answered the phone also stated to come into the store to pre-order

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX