Pre-order and keep your unlimited data on VZW

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh thank god! Now I am really really super stoked for this phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It sounds to me that if you dont pre order, you're screwed and VZ will shut the door on the unlimited plan june 20th. Take it for what its worth but something fishy about to drop soon. I plan on being at work at my desk logged on to my verizon @ 6:58am. :cool:

ProvDev

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It sounds to me that if you dont pre order, you're screwed and VZ will shut the door on the unlimited plan june 20th. Take it for what its worth but something fishy about to drop soon. I plan on being at work at my desk logged on to my verizon @ 6:58am. :cool:

Yup.. I will be up at 4:50am(MST) on 6/6 to pre-order!!;)

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
This is a must pre order device for many reasons. Calling it now, there will be a guaranteed back order on this phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Tempting because I have 2 upgrades available on my family plan but after owning a Droid Charge and then seeing the problems the Nexus had with the radios, I have difficulty deciding to take a leap of faith on a device that no one has used yet. The GS2 seamed to be a good phone but just can't do it. I have unlimited data and hope that it's still available when the Razr Maxx HD gets released. That's the only one I may change out for now. I'm sorry but the experience I've had with my Maxx has been so great compared to the charge. It's been like night and day. Good luck with your decision.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Jace

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys preordering online or in store? I don't feel comforted doing it online with no guarantee that I will still have unlimited when the phone does arrive.

Then again, will in-store be any different..

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys preordering online or in store? I don't feel comforted doing it online with no guarantee that I will still have unlimited when the phone does arrive.

Then again, will in-store be any different..
Nope not at all. If verizon wants to screw us it won't matter how you ordered it. On that note, I am ordering online.

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted with "Mary Katherine" and "Chiquita" in Verizon's online chat customer support and both said that we can keep our unlimited data plans if we pre-order the Galaxy S3.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but this topic annoys me...i have only seen a company (I have worked for VZW) kick you off grandfather when there is a compatibility issue...so if you don't have a LTE phone and ur g.fathered in then maybe you should worry ...but if you have an LTE phone already and you are g.fathered in ...then I'm 98% sure you will be fine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Jace

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, you are aware that VZW already announced they are kicking us off grandfathered unlimited very very soon right?

It would be nice to get some kind of directive or anything in writing. Otherwise just login tomorrow and hope?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: sicjoy

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted with "Mary Katherine" and "Chiquita" in Verizon's online chat customer support and both said that we can keep our unlimited data plans if we pre-order the Galaxy S3.

Did you specify if you were pre-ordering through Verizon or a 3rd party like Best Buy?
Would like to do BB but not if I have to worry about the data issue.

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you specify if you were pre-ordering through Verizon or a 3rd party like Best Buy?
Would like to do BB but not if I have to worry about the data issue.

I just said that I was going to pre-order tomorrow. I didn't specify where. Sorry.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just tried upgrading my phone. Chose the Nexus and got this message:

You currently have Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones (personal email).
If you select a new option, you will not be able to change back.

It had unlimited data selected.

So I'm assuming it will be there tomorrow when I preorder. [/fingers crossed]

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just finished chatting online with Shannon K and she said it doesn't matter where you pre-order from, online, best-buy, in store, you will be locked in no matter what. :)

Those chat people dont know anything. I would be skeptical. Call Verizon instead.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just asked the same thing through online chat and got a generic response that corporate must have come up with:
"We are not announcing new plans at this time, nor any policy changes for our customers on unlimited data plans. We will share specific details of the plans and any related policy changes well in advance of their introduction, so customers will have time to evaluate their choices and make the best decisions for their wireless service. It is our goal and commitment to continue to provide customers with the same high value service they have come to expect from Verizon Wireless."

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This is what the contract states, when you go to check out -- including pre-orders and full-contract orders.

Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time, but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no Early Termination Fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it. If you change your device or receive a Service promotion, you may be required to change your Plan to one that we are currently offering at that time.

Whether they do so or not - who knows. But that is the agreement you signed if you purchased this phone.