What's the difference between the 16gb and 32gb??

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I know the storage size, but it says; it can take a SD card. Is it one comes with a 16gb sd and the other is a 32gb sd?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I know the storage size, but it says; it can take a SD card. Is it one comes with a 16gb sd and the other is a 32gb sd?

the 16gb or 32gb is the internal storage.

You can add up to a 64gb micro sd card.

It won't come with a micro sd card installed

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Personally i don't have the need for more than the internal 16g +my
32g + drop boX 50g i have ...this is what i have on my Razr and its more than enough ...so ill save some money and take the $199 option

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Stupid question here, but my samsung charge doesn't let me put files besides my apps on my internal storage

is this different on the SIII?

in any case I agree with Cory, save $50 dollars and get the 16gb + 64gb micro :D

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Charge only has 2gb of internal storage, and came with a 32gb microSD. So it made sense to store all files on the card, and use the 2gb only for apps. I had the phone, and if you installed a lot of apps, even those would start being stored on the card.

My Razr has 16gb of internal storage, which is plenty for a number of apps as well as many users' picture and music collections. I am still using my 32gb card though, for music, pictures, and rom and mod files, as I need the space. Also, the internal storage gets wiped on the Razr when you fastboot.

As far as the SIII goes, which is better depends on how fast your sd card is and whether or not you swap phones often. I have a Class 4 card, which is generally quite fast, and if I get the SIII I'll still be hanging on to my Razr and likely swapping back and forth.

Still, $50 isn't unbearable for the extra insurance that you'll not run out of space, alot easier to justify than an extra Benjamin.

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The Droid Charge only has 2gb of internal storage, and came with a 32gb microSD. So it made sense to store all files on the card, and use the 2gb only for apps. I had the phone, and if you installed a lot of apps, even those would start being stored on the card.

My Razr has 16gb of internal storage, which is plenty for a number of apps as well as many users' picture and music collections. I am still using my 32gb card though, for music, pictures, and rom and mod files, as I need the space. Also, the internal storage gets wiped on the Razr when you fastboot.

As far as the SIII goes, which is better depends on how fast your sd card is and whether or not you swap phones often. I have a Class 4 card, which is generally quite fast, and if I get the SIII I'll still be hanging on to my Razr and likely swapping back and forth.

Still, $50 isn't unbearable for the extra insurance that you'll not run out of space, alot easier to justify than an extra Benjamin.

Thanks for the info, I was really confused why anyone would want 32gb of apps (I thought the restricted internal storage was an android thing)

You're probably right, $50 extra dollars is a small price to pay, especially if verizon takes away my unlimited data when I upgrade in August (goodbye google music)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The 16GB version will likely have about 11GB free for internal storage. The 32GB version will likely have about 27GB free.

So even though the 16GB version is "half" of the 32GB version, in reality, it only has about 40% of the storage.

In any case, it is what it is. If you want a lot of space to stay permanently available on the phone *and* the ability to change out or swap SD cards, then the 32GB version is a no-brainer. If not, save $50 on the 16GB version.

-Suntan

Jacque Strapp

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This is just conjecture on my part, but since the GSIII can use microSDXC cards (I think it's the first phone that does, anyone know for sure?), the storage capacity of the phone could potentially go up by a lot in the future. 64GB is the biggest SDXC card that you can buy at the moment but the SDXC spec supports sizes up to 2TB. The max capacity of the microSDHC format is 32GB so any phone with a microSDHC slot is going to be limited to 32GB forever.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The 32gb is gonna be a 16 + 16 card, from what my vzw contacts say... I ordered the 16, since I already have a card & might upgrade later.

Can anyone else confirm this?? If this is the case alot of us are getting ripped off big time. This is the first I've heard of this, I want to be quite clear on it, as I did not pay $50 extra to get a card I don't need and can't use, since I already plan to use my 32 gig.

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone else confirm this?? If this is the case alot of us are getting ripped off big time. This is the first I've heard of this, I want to be quite clear on it, as I did not pay $50 extra to get a card I don't need and can't use, since I already plan to use my 32 gig.

This is false. 32gig internal with no card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
This is from Android Central's review of the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III with 32 gigs. I'm sure the Verizon version will be the same... Personally I'd rather have all of it for apps and add a sd card for storage but I guess that wouldn't work for everyone.

As for storage, Sprint's offering 16- and 32-gigabyte versions. We've got the 32GB version here, and Samsung has split the storage at 12GB as internal "phone storage" (for installing apps and whatever else you want), and another 12GB that's recognized as an internal SD card. On top of that, you've got a microSD card slot that'll (unofficially) take up to a 64GB card. The Galaxy S III is not lacking for storage.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii-review

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The 32gb is gonna be a 16 + 16 card, from what my vzw contacts say... I ordered the 16, since I already have a card & might upgrade later.
You contact is full of B.S.

Don't worry, it is not 16 + 16 sd card

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Whew, sigh of relief there. I didn't expect Sammy to pull a Moto (32 gig Razr is actually 16gb with a "free" card), was gonna have to cancel and reorder if they did. I didn't put much stock in that, but glad to know for sure that its false.