Verizon Galaxy S III preorders shipping July 9?

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
VZW can do what they want, they know they are the best carrier option for a lot of people. I'm not surprised at all they're pulling this stunt. Every other carrier has announced release dates. there's no reason for VZW not to unless -

1. they're figuring out how to add bloatware/make changes to the phone
2. planning when to announce new plans and screw those who don't preorder
3. sell the Inc 4G before the GS3 is available

Probably all 3, 1+2 for sure.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So I went to best buy and pre ordered , then found out best buy can't do early upgrades, only Verizon can, so now I'm stuck returning the gift card and ordering online tomorrow, it sucks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
When you pre-order from VZW tomorrow do you pay for the phone at that time or when it ships?

You pay for it and then they take it from your account once it is processed usually but since this is like a month wait supposedly I would hope they would wait until they ship the phones.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon must inform their customers 30 days prior, before implementing the new shared data plans (as far as I understand it). So unless they announce data plan changes in the next couple of days we should all be fine with the 9th.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Verizon must inform their customers 30 days prior, before implementing the new shared data plans (as far as I understand it). So unless they announce data plan changes in the next couple of days we should all be fine with the 9th.

Believe that's only if they're changing existing contracts which they're not. You'd agree to the new terms once you activate the phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I don't think they "have to" do anything really. If you are signing a new contract it would be hidden in the fine print.

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So I went to best buy and pre ordered , then found out best buy can't do early upgrades, only Verizon can, so now I'm stuck returning the gift card and ordering online tomorrow, it sucks!

They can if you get the right person. They did it for me when i upgraded to the T-bolt. You just have to get the right person and be really, extra, super nice ;) The girl/lady that did it for me just did a few different things on the computer and i was set to go. So yeah, it all depends on who you get, but they can do it if they want to. Just keep trying and you might get lucky.

Reactions: matt0715

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
They can if you get the right person. They did it for me when i upgraded to the T-bolt. You just have to get the right person and be really, extra, super nice ;) The girl/lady that did it for me just did a few different things on the computer and i was set to go. So yeah, it all depends on who you get, but they can do it if they want to. Just keep trying and you might get lucky.

I went back, and they said they could hook me up :p they tried to do it today, but they tried at the wrong time (lady wouldn't do it, she was rude they said). They told me they will do it when the phone comes in. Sounds good!

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if they charge sales tax on the full retail price everywhere in California? I know if I go into the Verizon store, they do. I was told it's a state law, but a friend on Sprint just got the EVO 4G LTE at Walmart and only paid tax on the sale price. I'm trying to figure out what the cheapest option is.

Thanks.

ProvDev

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
They're prolly going out of their ways to figure out how to successfully fill out 2GB of RAM with as much bloat as possible...

Root = elimination of all bloat... problem solved;) Unlike HTC or Moto, Sammy's bootloaders are typically easily unlockable.

bobzrag

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I called Verizon they said there was no guarantee they could grandfather my unlimited data plan - apparently it will depend on when i activate the phone (not preorder date) - most likely verizon will introduce the new policies by then :(

I also talked to a Best Buy guy today who said the S3 would be there on the 6/28

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks