1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Corporate Discounts - Data price question

I currently get a %20 discount on my unlimited data. When I go to preorder the s3 it lists my data as unlimited web and email for smartphones for $29.99, but if I go to upgrade with a galaxy nexus, it lists my data as $23.99. If I preorder the s3, will my unlimited data stay at the $23.99 price or will I lose that 20% data discount.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default re: Corporate Discounts - Data price question

I think you'd have to call them and ask. Come to think of it, mine said the same thing, but they also didn't display a full receipt with a line by line listing of each part of the plan, like they normally do. It's probably a pre-order thing.

Mine did the same thing - it didn't show the discount on the data or the voice plan. I would assume it's just a pre-order thing.

yeah, probably something to do with the iconic portal they use for pre-orders since it's not the normal order system being used.

Default Re: Corporate Discounts - Data price question

I too get the 20% discount through work. It did not show specifically as a call out, but the total monthly came out to be the same as I am currently paying.

Also, after submitting the pre-order everything still shows on my account that I have the 20% discount to the main line and unlimited data.

-Suntan

Mine said employee discount would not apply. It didn't even show up on the accessories they tried to sell me.

It is interesting to read that you get the discount on your data too. I have a 19% employer discount and I only get it of of the primary line monthly cost ($89.99). I have asked numerous times why I don't get the discount on my entire bill or at the least my entire primary line charges. I never can get a straight answer from VZW.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jadams View Post
    It is interesting to read that you get the discount on your data too. I have a 19% employer discount and I only get it of of the primary line monthly cost ($89.99). I have asked numerous times why I don't get the discount on my entire bill or at the least my entire primary line charges. I never can get a straight answer from VZW.
    It all depends on your employer...each has a different deal with Verizon. I get a discount on both + accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by jadams View Post
    FWIW, I have the older, unlimited data plan. The new plans ($30 for 2GB, etc.) aren't eligible for the corporate discount. Just one more reason why the new plans suck.

-Suntan

That's why I never pre-order anything from Verizon. I always get the "discount does not apply" message whenever I go to pre-order a phone plus it didn't show the unlimited data option or the $50 discount on handsets that I get so I guess I'll wait till next month.