Visit site
Re: Verizon SGS3 shipping BEOFRE 7/9 according to Verizon

Well in that case my order went in at 6/6/2012 ,,7:05am lol:D

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Woah didn't notice that, sorry. Mod please fix?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Hey Matt... I think as the OP you can edit your title. Make sure you do an advanced edit to get to the title.

Reactions: matt0715

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

No way Best Buy will have them and mail them before Verizon mails out their own pre-orders.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
No way Best Buy will have them and mail them before Verizon mails out their own pre-orders.

Could happen, it all depends on when stores get their shipments. I think it has happened before. I read some where, I think it was a comment at droid life.com, that someone was told by Verizon devices will be shipping on the 28th, its looking good

Last edited:

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I beg to differ considering Wal-Mart was handing out EVO 4G LTE devices days before Sprint were able to ship any. The way it works is most thrid party retailers will get their phones from Sprint, VZW, AT&T, etc. and then they will ship them to the customer. Larger thrid party retailers such as BB and Wal-Mart have their own deals with the manufacturer (HTC, Samsung, etc.) and so it is entirely possible they get the phone prior to the cell provider getting them.

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just sent messages to @VZWSupport on twitter and this is what they had to say.

Me: If I preordered yesterday, when will the Galaxy S3 ship to me?
VZW: Devices ordered during pre-order will be shipped by July 9, 2012. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once shipped
Me: So does "by july 9th" mean it will ship before that date? Has their been no official release day for the phone?
VZW: When preordering your device, it ships out by the July 9th, not before. There is no release date is available.

Clearly they don't have a freaking clue what is going on with this phones release date since they can't give me a straight answer at all.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just sent messages to @VZWSupport on twitter and this is what they had to say.

Me: If I preordered yesterday, when will the Galaxy S3 ship to me?
VZW: Devices ordered during pre-order will be shipped by July 9, 2012. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once shipped
Me: So does "by july 9th" mean it will ship before that date? Has their been no official release day for the phone?
VZW: When preordering your device, it ships out by the July 9th, not before. There is no release date is available.

Clearly they don't have a freaking clue what is going on with this phones release date since they can't give me a straight answer at all.

So wouldn't "by" mean before July 9th? Yeah they are not making sense.

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Why cant Verizon just give a straight answer? They are always extremely vague just so they can't be pinned down for being late or something. My last 3 phones, Storm, Dinc, and Thunderbolt all have been some kind of disaster at launch. Days, weeks and months of I heard or they said this or that about when they would come. If July 9th is really the date they could just tell us why they are 2 1/2 weeks behind their biggest competitors. Maybe they are the last ones that Samsung is shipping to, who knows? But by using terms like "by July 9th"
they are just leaving everyone open to a month of speculation. It just gets a little tiring every time I get a new phone. I don't know, maybe I'm just jealous of all the other people that will be using their great new phones in 2 weeks. When we may have to wait another 2 weeks to get ours.

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Why cant Verizon just give a straight answer? They are always extremely vague just so they can't be pinned down for being late or something. My last 3 phones, Storm, Dinc, and Thunderbolt all have been some kind of disaster at launch. Days, weeks and months of I heard or they said this or that about when they would come. If July 9th is really the date they could just tell us why they are 2 1/2 weeks behind their biggest competitors. Maybe they are the last ones that Samsung is shipping to, who knows? But by using terms like "by July 9th"
they are just leaving everyone open to a month of speculation. It just gets a little tiring every time I get a new phone. I don't know, maybe I'm just jealous of all the other people that will be using their great new phones in 2 weeks. When we may have to wait another 2 weeks to get ours.

Could it be that Verizon is loading a boatload of bloatware into the phone? This process takes time...

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I called Verizon with a couple of questions yesterday and the girl told me they are going to ship our earlier. I told her I had read either the 21 or 24th they'd be in the Verizon warehouse, and while she didn't confirm, she definitely gave the impression the information I read was correct and said they usually do ship before the scheduled ship date and it's one day delivery.