Paid $275 for 2 Samsung Galaxy S III
06-08-2012 06:31 PM
- I pre-ordered 2 yesterday, Verizon gave me an early upgrade2 months early. I paid 137 for first phone 100 off for upgrade to 4g Phone #2 i paid 240 for no discount But Verizon gave me a 100 dollar credit on my account so i paid a total of $275 for 2 Galaxy S III. both these phones are 16gb versions.
P.S i am Nervous about this phone, i have been a diehard Motorola fan as well i currently have the Droid -x.
I have 14-days after i receive it to keep it or maybe Razr maxx hd will be out and i can grab that.06-07-2012 12:39 PM
- I called up yesterday and as polite as possible asked if there was anything that could be applied towards the purchase of my new phone. I have been out of contract since april and figured they would throw something in.
All i got was a $30 upgrade fee
oh ya 10 yr customer thanks for your loyalty
P.S. i also got to keep my unlimited data which i use about 1 gig a month of06-07-2012 07:03 PM
as for the 100 off they have to go through the pre-order process to see the 100 off i think it only works for primary line but i bought 2 and they credited me 100 off my bill so i got 200 off total.06-07-2012 07:16 PM
- I just called to see if they could do anything for me, nope.
I have a 100 NE2 Credit left, but they won't do anything on the second or potential third line. I said, "well, I'll check out Sprint". They freaked out and asked what they could do to keep me as a 10+ year customer. I said, "give me a deal on the second phone". She wouldn't. LOL06-08-2012 01:03 AM
- i called in because my phone was slow really slow. I trouble shot with them for a while and got disconnected then called back and asked for early upgrade was told NO so i said ok ok ok bye. called back and said i been trouble shooting with others and would like to know if i can pre-order the phone which comes out in July Hence will be 1 month before my upgrade date the guy said no problem. so we went through the process of pre-ordering the phone he said surprise i see here you get 100 off the phone for upgrading to 4g i said cool. The person said so looks like you WILL get 100 off each phone i said cool so 1 phone done he started the pre-order for second phone and wouldn't give him the 100 off. he uses same process we would when you pre-order through a web interface so he tried alot of stuff and said No it wont work i said never mind i cant afford it at full price. The Gentlemen then said i feel bad for telling you you would so let me try this some more i will call you back today or tomorrow i said ok. The Man didn't call me back so the next day i called him and he tried it one more time to no avail and he said you know what i am gonna credit your account 100 so you will get the phone 100 off i said thank you and bam that's how it all went down.
primary line upgrade was available now/NE2 not available until 8-5-2012
second line not available until 8-5-201206-08-2012 09:08 AM
- As I'm currently on a dying Droid2 (original, not international), I'm liking the sound of a $100 3g>4g upgrade discount. I've worked my way thru the online pre-order up to the "review your order" page and all it offered me was the $30 discount (for loyalty?) that was immediately offset by the upgrade fee.
So I called in and got a friendly guy who clearly thought quite highly of his knowledge of this phone. He said coworkers would send any S3 questions to him because he knows it inside and out, and he was preordering one for himself today too, yet he thought it was coming with a quad-core and thought there was a 64gb version available. The only $100 discount he could find for upgrading to a 4g device was the current Dads & Grads offer which is limited to Motorola phones.
I then tried the online "chat with an agent" thing, and he too was unable to find such a discount and just said he couldn't see it on my account. I told both guys I was going to price shop the competitors, but its kind of an empty threat. My loyalty discount and punishment offset each other, Sprint coverage sucks around here, and Verizon will let me keep unlimited data. So they really are the best bet, I just don't feel like leaving $100 on the table that I don't have to after all the money I've already given them. Any suggestions for how to get this wonderful, if somewhat mythical discount for upgrading to a 4g device?
Sent from my DROID2 using Android Central Forums06-08-2012 03:38 PM
- I upgraded my phone yesterday from my Droid X. Even though I could have gotten $50 off from BestBuy I still went with Verizon. I figure I'll get my phone sooner from Verizon. If I keep the S3 for 2 years then $50 over a 2 year period honestly doesn't mean that much to me. Verizon gave me no discount although I did get $50 for my wife's Razr that we just purchased so that only cost us $49.06-08-2012 05:27 PM
While I admire his candor, Dude needs to be punched in the face. LOL06-08-2012 06:31 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Verizon Galaxy S III
Paid $275 for 2 Samsung Galaxy S III
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD