Preordering--what does "personal email" mean?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I went through the pre-order screen on the My Verizon website mainly to see if the system would let me pay full retail and keep my unlimited data plan. It did and I was at the end where you pick any options you want. The screen had my "existing plan" selected as unlimited web and email for $29.99. In parenthesis it said "personal email."

Currently I have the unlimited data plan with my Droid Charge and use it with my Cox Cable email and my Exchange server email from work so I can get my work emails on my phone. What does "personal email" mean? Can you no longer get email from the MS Exchange server from work? It is very important that I can get my work email on my phone and this is confusing because there is another data plan that said it included "corporate email" but I already get my corporate email without that plan. What am I missing?

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Personal email, just mean checking ur personal email. If I not mistaken it state web and personal email for data. U could still use ur corp email address.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I went through the pre-order screen on the My Verizon website mainly to see if the system would let me pay full retail and keep my unlimited data plan. It did and I was at the end where you pick any options you want.

I'm confused. There has been no data plan change announced. Are you eligible for an upgrade? If so you should be able to pay 199 and still keep your data plan.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not eligible for an upgrade. I went to pre-order at full retail and it said I could keep my current data plan with unlimited web and email (personal email). That is what is confusing me, what is "personal email." Currently I use my Charge for personal email and work email through a Microsoft Exchange server at my employer. To me, when they say personal email, that means my own personal email, not what I get through work. I just want to make sure I am not losing something I currently have if I get the S III and then can't access my work emails on my phone without buying a "corporate email" plan.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It's just how they worded it. The majority of people who use data will use it for web and personal email so that's what they put.

But unlimited data applies to all data used on the phone. Nothing has changed.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Mike. I just got back from running some errands and went by the Verizon store and the manager told me the same thing. She said I will still be able to use my corporate email on any Android phone. She thought the differentiation is for Blackberry devices that use corporate or personal plans and it doesn't apply to Android at all. Thanks to all who replied.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, these unlimited data plans have been around from the time people had 3G feature phones with janky browsers. If memory serves, originally you couldn't even access "corporate" email servers (exchange servers) but that capability was allowed a long time back.

Basically, VZW expected you to check a couple stock quotes and get your personal email at most. How times change.

-Suntan