Locking in unlimited data by pre-order may not be necessary?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
That isn't the way VZW does things. When they decide to screw their customer, they come right out and say it well in advance, they don't spring it on them suddenly.

Yes, I always thought how nice it was for them to give us time to bend over and grab our ankles. :D

Last edited:

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
They're not gone for those that have them but if you use an upgrade after that date you'll be forced to switch

Well aware. I was referring to the forced switch after that date. I've got 4 lines on unlimited. 1 preordered a GS3 and debating another GS3 preorder to keep unlimited.

nwasquad

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean that those of us who are current on/grandfathered in to an unlimited plan and preordered the GS3 will be forced to switch to this "Share" plan if the GSIII debuts on VZ after the 28th? Or are we safe and excluded from this because we pre-ordered and technically renewed our contracts prior to the implementation of this new plan?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Does this mean that those of us who are current on/grandfathered in to an unlimited plan and preordered the GS3 will be forced to switch to this "Share" plan if the GSIII debuts on VZ after the 28th? Or are we safe and excluded from this because we pre-ordered and technically renewed our contracts prior to the implementation of this new plan?

I would think we'd be good since the plan breakdown that was emailed after pre-order still shows unlimited but who knows with Verizon.

And hmm...are they increasing the upgrade fee to $35 now? Fine print says "Activation/Upgrade fee/line: $35"

Last edited:

amstaffdoggy74

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

I just called Verizon and spoke just with a CS Rep. She checked with a supervisor and said that if you have unlimited data and pre-ordered you will be able to keep the unlimited data even if the phone is received and activated after the 28th. Hopefully more than one of us can call and all get the same answer from them.:D

Reactions: palmettodeuce

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

No. Only if you upgrade after the 28th. And at that time youd be forced into a capped individual plan. If you are on a family plan now you could opt to change everyone into a family data share..but it isnt mandatory.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Was going to hold off as long as i could to see if any other phones would be announced but looks like I'll be pre-ordering the S3 today to burn my last upgrade and hold onto my unlimited plan as long as i can.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I believe that this is an indicator that the s 3 will definitely be released after the 28th. that way people will be forced into new contracts who did not preorder .

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah basically for most of us this means that if we buy a subsidized phone within the next two weeks, it will likely be our last.

Im already planning setting aside cash for the next upgrade after the S3. Full retail, ouchies.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I think this is almost confirms the release date rumoured in several places to be the 28th is accurate. It's a Thursday, which is when people have stated Verizon likes to do releases, and I personally was one of the ones told by customer service that the phone will be shipping earlier than 7/9.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Q: GF and I are currently on a gradfathered 3G unlimited family plan -- She has an Iphone4 and i've got a Droid 2 (pre-ordered the GS3) -- now, im obv. keeping my grandfathered plan while going 4GLTE with the preorder -- what happens to her? Will we remain separate (3g unlimited for her, 4g unlimited for me) even though we're still on a family plan together?

I feel like i'm looking into this too much and giving myself a headache :confused:

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Q: GF and I are currently on a gradfathered 3G unlimited family plan -- She has an Iphone4 and i've got a Droid 2 (pre-ordered the GS3) -- now, im obv. keeping my grandfathered plan while going 4GLTE with the preorder -- what happens to her? Will we remain separate (3g unlimited for her, 4g unlimited for me) even though we're still on a family plan together?

I feel like i'm looking into this too much and giving myself a headache :confused:

Everything will stay the same for you. Now when she goes to upgrade at some point after the 28th I imagine...she will be forced into a capped data plan individually. If you guys decide you want a "data share" plan...you can make that change at any time. Though I dont see why you would want to.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Everything will stay the same for you. Now when she goes to upgrade at some point after the 28th I imagine...she will be forced into a capped data plan individually. If you guys decide you want a "data share" plan...you can make that change at any time. Though I dont see why you would want to.

Damn -- it'll be a headache for both of us when she upgrades to a 4G phone/plan.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just called Verizon and spoke just with a CS Rep. She checked with a supervisor and said that if you have unlimited data and pre-ordered you will be able to keep the unlimited data even if the phone is received and activated after the 28th. Hopefully more than one of us can call and all get the same answer from them.:D

I asked that question before I decided to upgrade to S3.I also was told that yeah I would still be locked into the unlimited data, which email confirmed.
Also what??? They already raised that 30 upgrade fee to 35?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Or you can buy a phone at full price from Verizon or buy in the open market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar