Droid x users

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So I was just curious. How many people are upgrading from a droid x? Reading the threads it seems like there are a lot. Are you going to miss your droid x? I know I am...its been a workhorse for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm upgrading from the DX. It was/is my first smartphone. I went from a crappy flip phone to it. Never had any major problems. Worked like a champ. Definitely starting to show its age.

I'm probably gonna give it to my nephew as a portable game/vid device.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be upgrading my x also. It is a well built phone but is starting to show its age with all this cutting edge hardware. The S3 will be a huge leap in performance I can't wait!

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

martian_11

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am also upgrading from a DX. Its my first smartphone and introduced me to the wonderful world of Android. I learned all about rooting, roms, and whatnot from this phone, so I'll never forget this phone even when my S3 comes.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here. My first Android phone. It was never rooted as I never thought it was necessary. But like the rest of you, it's showing it's age. I can't wait for the S3!!

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Last subsidized phone I got was my DX in July 2010 but since then I have had a DX2 and my current Bionic. Wife has the DX now and loves it but is clamoring for something with LTE. So I have preordered a 32Gb blue GS3 and will pass the Bionic down to her IF she behaves ;-p

I hope this will be a good one because it will be my final new subsidized handset for a looooong time!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Since putting a new ROM on my X it's been doing much better but I got my wife a Razr and I loved the 4g speeds. So....Goodbye Moto.

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the droid x was my first smartphone too. Def was a good introduction to the android world for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I had a DX2 a couple phones ago, and now the Maxx. Question to the X owners upgrading to the SG III: do you have concerns going from Moto to Samsung? And why not upgrade to the Maxx or Maxx HD?

Just curious, nothing else....

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I have the DX and I thought about the Maxx back in April when I was first eligible to upgrade but decided to wait and see what the summer brought for new phones. The SGS III happened to be first up and I think will be a really good phone.

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a DX2 a couple phones ago, and now the Maxx. Question to the X owners upgrading to the SG III: do you have concerns going from Moto to Samsung? And why not upgrade to the Maxx or Maxx HD?

Just curious, nothing else....

To be hosest, I thought about getting the RAZR or the MAXX, or the MAXX HD/Fighter, but Samsung was first to the punch with the "wow" factor. The Razr and Maxx are great phones, but I didn't find them compelling enough to use my upgrade (I'm not one like some people on here that buy phones off contract all the time - I assume when I buy a phone it will be mine for 2 years, give or take). So for me really it's between the HD and the GS3. And it just so happens that the SG3 will be available first, and I'm tired if waiting. I've heard people say Samsung radios are terrible, but other people say they are fine, so I will just have to wait and see for myself. I like Moto's build quality, but never had a Samsung smartphone, and I'm willing to give them a chance. They must be selling gazillions of phones for a reason.

shatter71

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I am upgrading from a DX I got in July 2010. I think Motorola really upset the modding/dev community with their last software update to the phone (.621) that broke your ability to SBF back to an earlier version of the Android OS. I really like the DX hardware and my phone has performed very well but I am ready to see if the grass is greener elsewhere.

Rest of family is coming over from the DINC and they are going to be blown away by the S3 I think.

77Pat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I might be upgrading to the S3. I bought a Droid X in Nov 2010 and am eligible for an upgrade July 20th. I am going to wait and see what announcements are made before now and then (Maxx HD or date for ending unlimited). My Droid X is showing its age (reset twice while using GPS yesterday and is constantly running out of memory).

I really like the build quality and reception of Moto devices, but if I am going to have a phone for two years, I might as well get one of the newest compared to a 6 month old device.

Although with Samsung, I feel like it is either: Fool me once (fascinate), fool me twice (nexus on verizon).... or 3rd time is the charm (It appears Samsung has everything together and is heading in the right direction). I will most likely wait for a few reviews which will hopefully mention reception and battery life before making a decision.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Although with Samsung, I feel like it is either: Fool me once (fascinate), fool me twice (nexus on verizon).... or 3rd time is the charm (It appears Samsung has everything together and is heading in the right direction). I will most likely wait for a few reviews which will hopefully mention reception and battery life before making a decision.

I had the Fascinate too, and made me swear to never get a Samsung phone again. Then a few weeks ago I picked up the Nexus. Went through three of them before I got one that works. I really like it, but the weak radio is killing. It's a little better since the update though. But I got the Maxx because I needed something reliable.

So I may give the SGS III a go, even though of he bad Samsung experience.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I do have a concern when it comes to the radio, but as far as I have heard the radio on the SII was good. So I am hoping the SIII has no issues. As far as waiting for the Maxx HD, I was not willing to wait and wait and wait and wait for a release date. Also, My X still performs everything I need it to and the only reason I am retiring it is to get 4G. Moto does lock down their phones like no other and this is another reason I am willing to give Samsung a shot.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will be upgrading from my faithful (despite the abuse I put it through) DX to the SG3. Once I am migrated, I am guessing my DX will get RSD'd back to stock so my kids can use it as a gaming system, though I imagine I may still play with it some.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
To be hosest, I thought about getting the RAZR or the MAXX, or the MAXX HD/Fighter, but Samsung was first to the punch with the "wow" factor. The Razr and Maxx are great phones, but I didn't find them compelling enough to use my upgrade (I'm not one like some people on here that buy phones off contract all the time - I assume when I buy a phone it will be mine for 2 years, give or take). So for me really it's between the HD and the GS3. And it just so happens that the SG3 will be available first, and I'm tired if waiting. I've heard people say Samsung radios are terrible, but other people say they are fine, so I will just have to wait and see for myself. I like Moto's build quality, but never had a Samsung smartphone, and I'm willing to give them a chance. They must be selling gazillions of phones for a reason.

Yup. Completely agree.

It just didn't have that "wow" factor. I think not having ICS on it and the fact that they released the MAXX right after took away from it. Also, having a non-removable battery was a negative for me.

If they had just released the MAXX with ICS then it might have gotten my attention.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae