Order Problems (Canceled, On Hold, Pre-Orders, etc..)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Cancelling Pre-orders. Anyone Else?

Your title is a bit misleading - it seems you have an issue with your order. Verizon is not cancelling pre-orders in mass.

Hopefully you get it sorted out. Save all your supporting order documentation/emails.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

So how many others who are grandfathered into unlimited data have placed a pre-order for the GS III (iconic) cancelled? I had my order placed at 0701 on 6-6 and then on the 12th received email and text confirmations of my order being canceled and then again on the 14. Magically no one at Verizon can tell me how or why my order was canceled and because there is a "pending" pre-order my upgrade credit is unavailable. I have spent the last week trying to get this resolved and was told today by an associate in store that according to Verizon IT the earliest I will get a resolution is on June 29 a day after I will lose my unlimited data plan. So am I the only one or are others finding themselves in the same boat as me.

take snap shots of everything so they will honor your unlimited in case it is canceled. Then atleast you have proof

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

It definitely isn't a rumor and the IT guy said that there are at least 50 others that have had it happened. It is so much that they have opened a master ticket for it. I know statistically it isn't a major number but I was just wondering who else is going through this bull ....

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

It definitely isn't a rumor and the IT guy said that there are at least 50 others that have had it happened. It is so much that they have opened a master ticket for it. I know statistically it isn't a major number but I was just wondering who else is going through this bull ....

I think you should speak to a manager, also have them put a notation to your account that you pre-ordered and it was cancelled. CS Rep is a hit or miss that they can help you, but speaking with a manager may give you some lead way. Make sure you write their names down or see if they can give you their direct telephone number. Do everything you can so you wouldn't lose your unlimited data plan. I hope this is not happening to people who use a lot of data, and vzw is trying to find a way to cancel people's unlimited data. Most of all keep a paper trail just in case it becomes a big issue if you may have to sue if they try to take your unlimited plan!

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I think you should speak to a manager, also have them put a notation to your account that you pre-ordered and it was cancelled. CS Rep is a hit or miss that they can help you, but speaking with a manager may give you some lead way. Make sure you write their names down or see if they can give you their direct telephone number. Do everything you can so you wouldn't lose your unlimited data plan. I hope this is not happening to people who use a lot of data, and vzw is trying to find a way to cancel people's unlimited data. Most of all keep a paper trail just in case it becomes a big issue if you may have to sue if they try to take your unlimited plan!

I have names and id #'s of almost half of the people involved and you can be damn sure I am calling at least twice a day until it is done. I have requested they send me a letter promising my unlimited data and my spot in line. I am waiting for a call back from "the bureau" which is supposed to be the ultimate support group. I was staying quite about the whole mess until they told me they wouldn't be resolving this until after the data plans change. Then I had to speak up and see who else is getting screwed.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

I have names and id #'s of almost half of the people involved and you can be damn sure I am calling at least twice a day until it is done. I have requested they send me a letter promising my unlimited data and my spot in line. I am waiting for a call back from "the bureau" which is supposed to be the ultimate support group. I was staying quite about the whole mess until they told me they wouldn't be resolving this until after the data plans change. Then I had to speak up and see who else is getting screwed.

Thanks for post, and I hope, no I believe you situation will get resolve. Its good that you have names and id #'s, also you taken the necessary steps to get this resolved and keep your unlimited data and get your s3!!

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Wow! So I am one of the unlucky 50 bastardos as well huh? They cancelled mine last week and when I called back nobody could figure out why and they couldn't replace me in the same spot I was having ordered on 6/6 at 5am PST.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't get my order status up last night, but it gave me some sort of page error rather than "no record" or something like that. I just ordered on Friday in a store.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

As stated in several forums, you need to use your pre-order number when checking order status.

I also pre-ordered 6/6 at 7:10am with unlimited and have not had my order cancelled. I think the ones that are getting cancelled have a problem with their order, such as with the credit card info they entered.

SCDroidman

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I ordered 1 (S3) on the 9th for me and then when I realized I would lose my unlimited plan when I changed plans in the fall for my wife's new (Iphone5)I ordered another. At midnight I got a Verizon notice that I had to contact them via telephone to process the 2nd ordered or it would be cancelled within 7 days. I called them and it was simple error. Contract name is under :)Donald not Don and thats all it was. I am not saying this is your issue but mine was kicked out by a computer but it took a human to fix it..

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I ordered 1 (S3) on the 9th for me and then when I realized I would lose my unlimited plan when I changed plans in the fall for my wife's new (Iphone5)I ordered another.

You don't have to lose unlimited. Your wife could've just gotten a tiered data plan on her line instead of switching to Share Everything which would allow you to keep unlimited.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I ordered 1 (S3) on the 9th for me and then when I realized I would lose my unlimited plan when I changed plans in the fall for my wife's new (Iphone5)I ordered another. At midnight I got a Verizon notice that I had to contact them via telephone to process the 2nd ordered or it would be cancelled within 7 days. I called them and it was simple error. Contract name is under :)Donald not Don and thats all it was. I am not saying this is your issue but mine was kicked out by a computer but it took a human to fix it..

No that is the problem. They have no reason why it was canceled. There isn't an error or anything else. And the system won't release our upgrade saying we have a pending order. So we can get it fixed or reorder unless we want to pay full retail and I was told yesterday by a store manager that I should not expect a resolution to it until 6-29.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I couldn't get my order status up last night, but it gave me some sort of page error rather than "no record" or something like that. I just ordered on Friday in a store.

That's been happening to me too. Ordered online.

Dupi Juez

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

Is everyone getting an email after they pre order their phone? I ordered my phone on the 12th and never got an email. The lady did give me a order # but thought I should recieve an email. When I check the status it says its in process but doesnt give me any other information.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone getting an email after they pre order their phone? I ordered my phone on the 12th and never got an email. The lady did give me a order # but thought I should recieve an email. When I check the status it says its in process but doesnt give me any other information.

Same thing here I thought I gave the wrong email to them. When I call they say they see the order but can't check on the email. I just thought I was the only one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dupi Juez

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

I called and they were able to confirm my pre order and that they had the right email address but never received any confirmation.