Swapping phones after upgrade

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a galaxy nexus and my kid is due for an upgrade currently on a dumb phone. If I upgrade her to the siii can I swap phones to my line and give her my nexus while keeping my unlimited? I wonder if this is possible if I could just swap and keep swapping every time I want a new phone since we have four lines.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting my wife the SG3 using my sons upgrade and didn't have any problem keeping the unlimited data. You could switch back and forth each month and still keep your UD.

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Even though he'll be modifying his plan? Sure they'll be able to add a $30 data package after 6/28? I could see them saying yeah you can swap it around, but you can't put data on the nexus without modifying your entire plan and you have to have the data on the nexus.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Should be able to just put the sim from your GNex into the SIII and be good to go.

Even though he'll be modifying his plan? Sure they'll be able to add a $30 data package after 6/28? I could see them saying yeah you can swap it around, but you can't put data on the nexus without modifying your entire plan and you have to have the data on the nexus.

They're retaining the current individual line tiers as an alternative to the Share Everything plans. The only thing they're doing away with is unlimited.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sweet thx guys. So in theory if everything stays the same I will just keep swapping the kids

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000