Will modifying an order change the order date?

RobEstes

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the SG3 16GB on Verizon Friday 06/08. I am having second thoughts and considering changing the order to the SG3 32GB. Since the phones are expected to ship based on a first-come first-served basis, I was wondering if I do end up changing the order tomorrow, will that also automatically change my order date from Friday 06/08 to Wednesday 06/13?

Edit: I did call Verizon to ask and they had no idea. The rep ended up suggesting that I visit a store. I'm still trying to figure out how that would solve anything...

Thanks for the help!

Rob

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
the only thing I know is that you will be charged for a restocking fee. 16GB is alot of memory. Plus you can add another 32gb with a microsd card.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you will be charge a restocking fee. That on apply when they already shipped the phone. In your case you should be able to change your order from 16GB to 32GB. However you should call and speak with another CS Rep, not all CS are created equal. Where one may not have to knowledge another will. If you still having a problem ask to speak with a manager

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you will lose your order place if you make a change to your order. However if they tell you, you have to cancel and really pre order then you will lose your order place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 6th and called on the 7th to change my insurance plan and she told me to wait until I get the phone so I don't lose my place in line for the phone. So yes, I think changing the order will change your place in line for the phone. I ordered the 32gb and plan to get a 64gb card.

RobEstes

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
As an update, I called earlier and the representative said changing/modifying the order won't affect your place in line, as she seemed to imply that there's not really a line. They tend to receive enough phones that they can satisfy all of the pre-orders and as such they ship to everybody at the 'same time' ('same time' being within 1-2 days). For that reason, it doesn't matter what day you pre-ordered, just as long as you pre-ordered.

Now I would assume that in situations where demand exceeds supply they would ship based on a first come first served basis, but that probably isn't the norm.

Then again, every representative says something different, so take the above with a grain of salt.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My rep told me the opposite.i want to revise the insurance option and she told me to wait until I activate so I don't lse my place. With the huge amount of interest in this phone, it's likely they might not have enough available in the initial stock.

504Life

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I called to attempt to change the shipping address to my work address, and the CR said the only way to do that would be to cancel and resubmit the order.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
you'll have to wait until fedex does one delivery attempt. Then you can call and have the address changed (I think) or sign the form to have them leave it at your door the next day.