Good indication we will see device before the 28th

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
For whatever its worth I was looking through updates on gs3 while at work and came across this info. Makes it seem like there is a good chance we will see the phone before the 28th
a6f82242-f13c-9a5f.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just hope best buy gets them in before the 28th to ease my worries

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if VZW hasn't been sandbagging the whole time about the release date to hedge their bets in case Apple caused an import delay of a week or two like the HOX.

I'm heading on a week long vacation starting June 30th and I'd sure like my new GSIII to come along with me Verizon...

-Suntan

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if VZW hasn't been sandbagging the whole time about the release date to hedge their bets in case Apple caused an import delay of a week or two like the HOX.

I'm heading on a week long vacation starting June 30th and I'd sure like my new GSIII to come along with me Verizon...

-Suntan

That would make sense but with Verizon you never know. I mean it makes sense they are screwing over customers if they do not have this in store or ship it within a week after the other carriers get it because that would lead some to jump to another carrier for better plans for the same phone.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I read that as saying it will arrive after 6/28. But it does confirm we can keep our unlimited plan for pre order even if it arrives after the cutoff date.

... I'm assuming the OP is a VZW employee?

I imagine for many or maybe even most customers with unlimited, they probably didn't preorder just from being unaware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
U can read it two ways I suppose.. I read in a positive hopeful way though lol.

We shall see..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

That was my first thought too, but who knows. Sometimes it is best to underpromise and overdeliver, it's practically my company's motto :D

I didn't order my S3 until last night because I'm stupid and forgot I had an early upgrade (contract wasn't actually up until August). Anybody have any guesses as to when I'll get mine compared to the "first wave"? Do I have a chance of still being in the first wave? Will it be a week later? I would hope not more than a week later... I assume that they will be tough to come by in the store at first as well...

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but if you upgrade one of your lines after June 28th, everyone else on the plan has to move to the Share Everything, right?

hehfahq

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but if you upgrade one of your lines after June 28th, everyone else on the plan has to move to the Share Everything, right?

No, you don't have to move any lines to shared data. The single line data tiers Verizon introduced last year still exist. (ex. 2GB for $30, 5GB for $50) Only the line getting the discounted phone will lose unlimited data.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
anyone able to bill the phone to their verizon account? For some reason this phone wont let me do it as I have with every other phone?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I think you have the choice between the share everything or going with an individual 2gb plan like now.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon rep explained to me that billing to your account will work with all phone orders as long as the billed amount is $400 or less.

stainiu

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on Verizon's website they have changed the ship by date to 7/10... Not sure why they did that. It makes no sense for Verizon to release the device nearly three weeks after the other carriers. Makes them seem like one of the regional carriers, like US Cellular.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I noticed on Verizon's website they have changed the ship by date to 7/10... Not sure why they did that. It makes no sense for Verizon to release the device nearly three weeks after the other carriers. Makes them seem like one of the regional carriers, like US Cellular.

Probably means they got enough pre-orders to fill the current batch. The ship date for new orders is likely to keep getting pushed back if demand stays high.

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Probably means they got enough pre-orders to fill the current batch. The ship date for new orders is likely to keep getting pushed back if demand stays high.

+1

With past pre-orders of devices in high demand the "Ship By" date would be pushed back farther as more orders came in.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I remember ordering the droid x AFTER it came out and it was a 2-3 week wait on the ship date, though they seemed to come before that date for everyone