Verizon Galaxy S3 specs/Pics just added to Samsung site.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Too bad VZW put their name on the back ,oh well guess a case could take care of that :).
I wonder if sprint's back cover would fit on this phone (if its not sprint branded that is)?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Too bad VZW put their name on the back ,oh well guess a case could take care of that :).
I wonder if sprint's back cover would fit on this phone (if its not sprint branded that is)?

That's a good question and I would assume it would fit but I'll wait for you to order and try it ;)

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason people care what is printed on the back of the phone?

I would hope you spend more time staring at the front and not the back. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App

Reactions: icewater106 and Ry

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I can find that people hate carrier branding so much is this old verse.

?Woe to you O earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath, because he knows that data is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the call sign of the Beast, for it is a human wording . Its wording is V E R I Z O N .?

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
For me its just a personal preference thing. I like the clean look of international version better, with out the carrier branding. Its nothing more than that. If I can change that for ~$20 or so....I'm game.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to get a new back cover to make the VZW branding go away. Just a touch of this stuff will get you going... :p

images

-Suntan

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint Galaxy S3 appears to be branded too.
Gallery - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-L710 | Samsung Cell Phones

I will be looking for a international back myself.

well sh1t !!!,,,,,lol

Is there a reason people care what is printed on the back of the phone?

I would hope you spend more time staring at the front and not the back. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App

just for a cleaner look ,yeah I will be looking at the front more , lol

Just get an international battery cover. Problem solved right?

Apparently will be the way to go if no branding wanted shown ,,unless you to use the duck tape or a case to cover it

You don't need to get a new back cover to make the VZW branding go away. Just a touch of this stuff will get you going... :p

Click to view quoted image

-Suntan

LoL:D

Last edited:

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I for one am quite happy that there isn't a big silver "V" logo on the front of the device right under the glass, like most other smartphones they sell.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The home button is at a different angle off the chassis, so that's just a lighting issue in that pic. The button is the same color as the frame. Here's a few examples of what it's actually designed look like:

Samsung TecTiles

http://pictures.recombu.com/news/M17665/1336070781_w670_h540.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=4R8i6qhOPNw&NR=1 (vid is in German, but that shouldn't affect the color ;) )

Yeah I'm loving the blue!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I like the sleeker look of fewer words. Its just classier. I would actually prefer if there were no words written on the case at all.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
They should add a catchy phrase under the Verizon logo, like "over 1 billion screwed!"

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't care less if they put the Verizon logo on the phone. I'm talking into the phone not the logo. From what I've seen here (myself not included) most people will be putting cases on the phone anyway. So what's the difference what is under that?

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Agree the home button on the blue looks out of place. one more reason I am glad I got a white one.

The home button is at a different angle off the chassis, so that's just a lighting issue in that pic. The button is the same color as the frame. Here's a few examples of what it's actually designed look like:

Samsung TecTiles

http://pictures.recombu.com/news/M17665/1336070781_w670_h540.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=4R8i6qhOPNw&NR=1 (vid is in German, but that shouldn't affect the color ;) )

Reactions: matt0715

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Galaxy S3 is a quad-core processor phone which really piqued my interest but why do I see it as a dual-core phone on other sites? Can anyone confirm? :confused: