Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    I have burn in on my GNex.. I can almost make out what looks like clock numbers going across the middle of the screen.. brownish color only really visible when I'm viewing a white background.. example, a web page. From this thread I actually just figured out what it's from... I use my phone as an alarm clock at night and use the app Bedside which displays a digital clock across the screen.. it runs 8-10 hours a night.
    Crap... That what I had planned on doing too. I use Dock Clock on my S3 (which has an adjustable orbit setting to minimize screen damage) but now I'm afraid to use it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Very concerned about Screen Burn in...

Do whatever you want with the phone .... IF it gets all messed up cause of burn in just call up carrier and request a new one.
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    Crap... That what I had planned on doing too. I use Dock Clock on my S3 (which has an adjustable orbit setting to minimize screen damage) but now I'm afraid to use it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums
    The stock clock has the time that keeps moving like a screensaver. Does that app do the same thing or keep it in one spot? I'd find another alarm clock if it doesnt move. I had a galaxy nexus for 6 months and did the same as you every night with the stock clock, and never had a problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I use my Fascinate as a desktop clock everynight and during the day while charging, absolutelt no burn in problems.

Please folks.... This will be a isolated incident if a incident at all ..... Don't worry about this to much. I have seen a s load of gnex in the past year and no screen burn in at all. Infact I have been all about smart phones ( by no means a expert, but I do take a lot of notice ) for 5 years now and have never heard of or come across this in real life.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    Do whatever you want with the phone .... IF it gets all messed up cause of burn in just call up carrier and request a new one.
    This. Remember it'll have a warranty like any other phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hmm several reports of screen burn already on xda site and many over seas which have only had the phone a shot time. This doesn't sound good for Sammy ..just sayin

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I have an OG Dinc that I hadnt noticed till I read this post, but while reading a web page (white back ground), I can clearly see my status bar burn image when the page is rotated into "landscape". But, like I said, I never noticed it until I read this page. Maybe I should stay away from the interwebs.

I think using the alarm clock /dock also is an issue for some.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Don't leave your screen on with a static image on it for hours on end.

Problem solved.

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App
    SoDev and BostonBeats88 like this.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

I consider myself to be lucky because I have zero screen burn in. I also run the screen at Max brightness since day one. I was always aware of the burn in issue though, that is why I would never use my phone as a clock at night.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

If this becomes an issue I will just buy the next big phone that comes out! Plus I like to upgrade early anyways...So this isn't really a worry to me. Nor do I use it as a clock near my bed. Thats what my Palm Pre- is for and it has no burn in. Maybe difference in screen type?

Oh well I don't keep to up to date on screens. If they look nice...Then I am good! Still wish it had the HOX screen though. Then for me it would be a perfect device. (As long as we can unlock the boot loader too!)
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

I currently have a bionic with a pentile screen and have no signs of wear in, and I use this as a alarm clock every night sense I got it back on launch day. It must just be select batches of screens? and why worry, its a hardware defect, thus you can just warranty it... well, if you didnt unlock the bootloader. its re-lockable, right?.....

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddggttff3 View Post
    I currently have a bionic with a pentile screen and have no signs of wear in, and I use this as a alarm clock every night sense I got it back on launch day. It must just be select batches of screens? and why worry, its a hardware defect, thus you can just warranty it... well, if you didnt unlock the bootloader. its re-lockable, right?.....
    The bionic doesnt have amoled screen so no u won't see burn in on that. This is only a flaw on amoled screens.

I had the prob on my Gnex... i still ordered this phone hoping its fixed

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I really hope the screen is okay on this phone. It's turning out to be the device that I'm really looking forward to. With a different chipset for the cell radio (crappy gnex & s2) , as well as the Wolfson DAC, this phone should be excellent.
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

Sammy is on record saying they chose the hated pentile screen for the S3 for the exact reason of PREVENTING burn in. The rgb AMOLED screens were more prone to burn in.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Central Forums

We have two OG Incs in my family that have the Amoled screens. One has burn in, one doesn't. The one that does is where the HTC flip clock is at.

I'm sure part of that problem is my dad is on the home screen more than I and has a habit of leaving his screen on a lot more than me. I've never noticed anything on mine.

I think it's only an issue for peeps that will be keeping the same image up on the screen for long periods of time and never changing much up. Same as old monitors and TVs that get the burn in where logos would sit, etc.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn_Scott View Post
    Sammy is on record saying they chose the hated pentile screen for the S3 for the exact reason of PREVENTING burn in. The rgb AMOLED screens were more prone to burn in.

Because it would have been too difficult to choose SLCD :rolleyes:
    Thanked by:
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Because it would have been too difficult to choose SLCD :rolleyes:
    Why pay for slcd when you can make your own samoled?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn_Scott View Post
    Why pay for slcd when you can make your own samoled?
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

When you are trying to build a brand you do. Sammy has said the rgb Samoled plus are just not ready for prime time. This is about more than the galaxy s3, it is about the "SAMOLED" brand that Samsung is trying to build.

These AMOLED screens aren't brand new. Why are we making such a big deal over this if they've been out for awhile? Just because it's a new device?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by CDEFG... View Post
    These AMOLED screens aren't brand new. Why are we making such a big deal over this if they've been out for awhile? Just because it's a new device?
    Because past experience with this tech has shown it sucks so the question is -did they fix it? And if not why are they still using it?

A 600$ device should not have to be tip toed around basic usage to avoid hurting it. "Just not leaving an image on for long" is a cheap excuse. Imagine if your phone hung up on itself if you talked for more than 10 minutes. Or if taking it out of a clean room resulted in dust/dirt/lint inside the screen.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Imagine if your phone hung up on itself if you talked for more than 10 minutes.
    Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S & Galaxy S2
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Or if taking it out of a clean room resulted in dust/dirt/lint inside the screen.
    HTC

:rolleyes:

C'mon Motorola... Whatchu got for us?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast