will samsung gs3 come with an sd card?

zaeman2569

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
its been a while since i upgraded through verizon, i have the samsung galaxy s3 on preorder. will it come with an sd memory card? is it standard to come with one or do i have to go and buy one?

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My bet is u will have to buy it. Because the phone has at least 16g of memory.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
its been a while since i upgraded through verizon, i have the samsung galaxy s3 on preorder. will it come with an sd memory card? is it standard to come with one or do i have to go and buy one?

It wont come with an sdcard you will need to order one( or buy one) for your S3.

Other phones have come with sdcards tho for instance my incredible did as well as my dx

draco1986

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it used to be the standard to include one, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case. You can find a 16GB card for pretty cheap on newegg.com, tigerdirect.com or amazon.com though.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the Charge also with the 32GB SD card. I plan to use that with the SIII when I get it. Please tell me it will work and the micro SD cards are compatible.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Charge also with the 32GB SD card. I plan to use that with the SIII when I get it. Please tell me it will work and the micro SD cards are compatible.

The sd card that came in my charge was a class 2. Might be a little slow for the S3..

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing. In fact my 32gb card from NewEgg just arrived today. Class 10 for $19... :D

Can you link me to that? lol was going to get a class 4 32gb off Amazon for 19$, but if I can get a class 10 for the same price that would be awesome

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

schaidshaw

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I had to replace my Bionic through Assurion a month ago and found out they no longer include memory cards with any phones. I bought a 32GB but never knew anything about classes of cards and I guess I bought a class 4(probably the same one that NightxFall is looking at on Amazon).

Does it make a noticeable difference in performance of the phone? If so, I want to get a class 10 for when I get our SG3's get shipped out.:)

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had to replace my Bionic through Assurion a month ago and found out they no longer include memory cards with any phones. I bought a 32GB but never knew anything about classes of cards and I guess I bought a class 4(probably the same one that NightxFall is looking at on Amazon).

Does it make a noticeable difference in performance of the phone? If so, I want to get a class 10 for when I get our SG3's get shipped out.:)

From what I'm reading, on your phone it shouldn't make too much of a difference. The differences you'll notice are maybe when streaming 1080p video or recording 1080p video. Apparently app transferring to SD cards is supposed to be better with class 4's. On the computer, class 10's will have much faster write speeds, meaning you can transfer files much quicker.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

schaidshaw

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound too crucial but will probable just go for the class 10 for my SG3 and include the other with the Bionic when I sell it. Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy