Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will samsung gs3 come with an sd card?

its been a while since i upgraded through verizon, i have the samsung galaxy s3 on preorder. will it come with an sd memory card? is it standard to come with one or do i have to go and buy one?

ROM
    stock

My bet is u will have to buy it. Because the phone has at least 16g of memory.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: will samsung gs3 come with an sd card?

Quote Originally Posted by zaeman View Post
    its been a while since i upgraded through verizon, i have the samsung galaxy s3 on preorder. will it come with an sd memory card? is it standard to come with one or do i have to go and buy one?
    It wont come with an sdcard you will need to order one( or buy one) for your S3.

Other phones have come with sdcards tho for instance my incredible did as well as my dx

when I bought the Android charge it came with a 32gb card
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you . Well gives me an excuse to buy a bigger memory card. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyprain View Post
    when I bought the Android charge it came with a 32gb card
    It also only had 2GB of internal memory so the carriers would throw in the sd cards.
    davidnc likes this.

I think it used to be the standard to include one, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case. You can find a 16GB card for pretty cheap on newegg.com, tigerdirect.com or amazon.com though.
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by zaeman View Post
    Thank you . Well gives me an excuse to buy a bigger memory card. lol!
    NP I hear ya , I got the 32gb sdcard even tho my model of S3 has 32gb internal memory
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    NP I hear ya , I got the 32gb sdcard even tho my model of S3 has 32gb internal memory
    You can never have enough memory and that's why I'll probably be doing the same

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I did the same thing. In fact my 32gb card from NewEgg just arrived today. Class 10 for $19...

ROM
    standard

i got my 64gb and a 32 gb that is 92gb of space
    davidnc likes this.

I have the Charge also with the 32GB SD card. I plan to use that with the SIII when I get it. Please tell me it will work and the micro SD cards are compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidoo1 View Post
    I have the Charge also with the 32GB SD card. I plan to use that with the SIII when I get it. Please tell me it will work and the micro SD cards are compatible.
    The sd card that came in my charge was a class 2. Might be a little slow for the S3..

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    I did the same thing. In fact my 32gb card from NewEgg just arrived today. Class 10 for $19...
    Can you link me to that? lol was going to get a class 4 32gb off Amazon for 19$, but if I can get a class 10 for the same price that would be awesome

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

I had to replace my Bionic through Assurion a month ago and found out they no longer include memory cards with any phones. I bought a 32GB but never knew anything about classes of cards and I guess I bought a class 4(probably the same one that NightxFall is looking at on Amazon).

Does it make a noticeable difference in performance of the phone? If so, I want to get a class 10 for when I get our SG3's get shipped out.

Quote Originally Posted by schaidshaw View Post
    I had to replace my Bionic through Assurion a month ago and found out they no longer include memory cards with any phones. I bought a 32GB but never knew anything about classes of cards and I guess I bought a class 4(probably the same one that NightxFall is looking at on Amazon).

Does it make a noticeable difference in performance of the phone? If so, I want to get a class 10 for when I get our SG3's get shipped out.
    From what I'm reading, on your phone it shouldn't make too much of a difference. The differences you'll notice are maybe when streaming 1080p video or recording 1080p video. Apparently app transferring to SD cards is supposed to be better with class 4's. On the computer, class 10's will have much faster write speeds, meaning you can transfer files much quicker.

Doesn't sound too crucial but will probable just go for the class 10 for my SG3 and include the other with the Bionic when I sell it. Thanks for the info.

I think the deal that ansextra got isn't still on there but I did get a deal on a 32gb class 10 on Amazon for $20.99 and free shipping.Amazon.com: HP CG790A-AZ 32 GB Flash Memory Card Class 10 SDHC: Computers & Accessories

I think the deal that ansextra got isn't still on there but I did get a deal on a 32gb class 10 on Amazon for $20.99 and free shipping.Amazon.com: HP CG790A-AZ 32 GB Flash Memory Card Class 10 SDHC: Computers & Accessories
    That's not going to fit on the S3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well then it's a good thing that I hadn't placed the order then haha. Thanks for saving me the hassle of having to return it.

That's a standard SD card lol, not a microSD

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

My vzw rep told me its comes with one

Quote Originally Posted by CPColley View Post
    My vzw rep told me its comes with one
    It says on vzw website "sold separately"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

than whats the point of options if a 16gb s3 or a 32gb s3?

Quote Originally Posted by CPColley View Post
    than whats the point of options if a 16gb s3 or a 32gb s3?
    16gb vs 32 gb refers to the internal memory.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast