How do I sell my unlimited data! Please show me the way.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Help this Newb sell his verizon unlimited data plan.

How do I do this? Where do I post it?

How much is it worth?

Currently month-2-month. Should I lock-in the 2 year Unlimited data prior to sale?

Line is also eligible for an upgrade? Add value to sale?

Am I missing anything? What else should I know.

Unlimited data line is currently on a nationwide family plan.

Thanks in advance. I love this place.

Last edited:

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't be surprised when your thread gets locked, and Verizon sends you a letter saying its been fun but its time to part ways. If you're planning on doing something like this in the first place, you certainly don't post about it on such a visible forum.

Not to mention its the wrong section.

Reactions: adamtalife

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't be surprised when your thread gets locked, and Verizon sends you a letter saying its been fun but its time to part ways. If you're planning on doing something like this in the first place, you certainly don't post about it on such a visible forum.

Just curious what rule is he breaking?

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ebay, cl, etc.

It is called Assumption of Liability. Just call Verizon to set it up. No need to be on contract or anything.

Supposedly, AoL with unlimited data is going away 6/28 so if you plan on doing it, do it soon.

Reactions: Ry

jamesbecker79

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Um....his contract is his to sell if he chooses. The same as a credit card company can sell your debt to someone else or Verizon was able to assume Altell's contracts. There is 100% nothing wrong with his post. Besides the fact that Verizon would have absolutely no way of knowing who he is from posting on here (or she). Super lame comment.

Reactions: heraldo

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Um....his contract is his to sell if he chooses. The same as a credit card company can sell your debt to someone else or Verizon was able to assume Altell's contracts. There is 100% nothing wrong with his post. Besides the fact that Verizon would have absolutely no way of knowing who he is from posting on here (or she). Super lame comment.

+1 for this guy (or gal)

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
ebay, cl, etc.

It is called Assumption of Liability. Just call Verizon to set it up. No need to be on contract or anything.

Supposedly, AoL with unlimited data is going away 6/28 so if you plan on doing it, do it soon.

This is correct.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

doug.saunders

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
so anyone want to toss ideas out there as to the street value of an unlimited plan after the 28th?

And although I agree with the comments on it's his right to sell his contract. It would be an interesting and long phone call with big red. If done over chat I would love to see that posted to the forum. 4pages of im sorry you will have to talk to my.....

Good luck.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
so anyone want to toss ideas out there as to the street value of an unlimited plan after the 28th?

And although I agree with the comments on it's his right to sell his contract. It would be an interesting and long phone call with big red. If done over chat I would love to see that posted to the forum. 4pages of im sorry you will have to talk to my.....

Good luck.

Doing an AOL is pretty easy and straight foward. They wont even ask questions, but like dphamm00 noted, you AOL your line and the unlimited feature will not be availible to them.

For clarification AOL=Assumption of liability; means you transfer responsibility or ownership of your line to somone else.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
If its a single line unlimited. Probally a hundred at most. More than that and it wouldn't be economical for the other person.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Has it really come down to this ? It's not lime VZW is charging $100 a gig its just a little bit different.
Infact if I was so inclined I could have 2 smartphones and a tablet all getting 4g for cheaper than I have my 2 smartphones alone now.
Would it be so hard for any of you "heavy users " to turn on WiFi when u get home ? Or not stream music all day everyday.
The only thing that I do find to be b.s. is that all of these operating systems preach and say use our " cloud" and now boom the provider says well " don't use it so much "
This is not the end of the world people, we shall get over it, and most will probably make out.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Has it really come down to this ? It's not lime VZW is charging $100 a gig its just a little bit different.
Infact if I was so inclined I could have 2 smartphones and a tablet all getting 4g for cheaper than I have my 2 smartphones alone now.
Would it be so hard for any of you "heavy users " to turn on WiFi when u get home ? Or not stream music all day everyday.
The only thing that I do find to be b.s. is that all of these operating systems preach and say use our " cloud" and now boom the provider says well " don't use it so much "
This is not the end of the world people, we shall get over it, and most will probably make out.

For some people its not cheaper to go to the new plans, expecially to single line users. Just because it works for you dosent mean it does for everyone.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
For some people its not cheaper to go to the new plans, expecially to single line users. Just because it works for you dosent mean it does for everyone.

Exactly. We currently pay ~$260/month with insurance but excluding taxes/fees for a 900min legacy Alltel Family plan with 2 smartphones (1 unlimited, 1 2GB tiered), 2 dumbphones and a Verizon MIFI on it's own legacy Alltel Unlimited data plan. To break even would require going with only the 4GB plan which definitely wouldn't even come close to being enough and we're not heavy data users. Once the contract on the data card is up, we could drop that and just tether with 10GB for only $10 more and that's still not worth it as we're not really heavy talkers or texters. The new plans pretty much only benefit those already on one of the higher nationwide talk/text plans with minimal data usage.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Frequently Asked Billing Questions
Note: Your service assumption will be subject to a credit check. You may be required to switch to current pricing and promotions. A security deposit may also be required.

I guess VZW may force the buyer into a tiered data plan.

Not may, will. This idea of selling his unlimited to someone else isn't even possible. Unless he keeps the line in his name, honor system payments or something lol.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Not may, will. This idea of selling his unlimited to someone else isn't even possible. Unless he keeps the line in his name, honor system payments or something lol.

Not necessarily. At least for the time being anyways. I've yet to hear of anyone who has recently done an AOL and been required to switch data plans. Doesn't mean that won't change after the 28th though.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Will the ammount of money you get really be worth the hassle it will be to sell it?

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

Ya I can see how a single line plan can get screwed.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily. At least for the time being anyways. I've yet to hear of anyone who has recently done an AOL and been required to switch data plans. Doesn't mean that won't change after the 28th though.

When was the last time you heard someone do an AOL. This change is actually fairly recent. Few weeks

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I know at least Sprint and Vzw both offer an option to transfer account ownership (thats actually the process name, trasfer acount ownership). Both parties must sign paperwork etc, but they offer it. Or at least did. I assumed ownership of my moms account 6 months ago with VzW and it was relatively easy.

That said companies like cellswapper exist specifically to let people sell (or give) their remaining contract. Although I'd HIGHLY recommend waiting a while to sell an unlimited verizon plan because anyone who uses phones can see restrictions are mounting and costs rising so this plan may grow in value. Look at the Sprint SERO plans, after sprint killed them, then years later opened them to android devices, those things were like gold.

EDIT - worth mentioning my mom lives in MI and I in NY so we went to different VzW stores in different states, and the process was still easy. Plan stayed the same including upgrade dates. Also, my understanding is the trigger for tiered data is device subsidy so assuming liability shouldnt kill the plan but we are talking about VzW.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis