GSIII GSM Radios?

Seryozha

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what, if any, HSPA bands the verizon variant will support? What im looking for is could it be unlocked to work on Straight Talk or simple mobile(at
&t or T-Mobile Networks).

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
All US version seem to be the same hardware (sans the Sprint version not having a removable sim).

To me, this means that once you either have VZW unlock the device, or you find other means (there are quite a few methods being discussed on the interwebs) you should be able to use it on any US carrier. The US version supports HSPA+42, whereas the Euro version only supports 21mbps.

Samsung Galaxy S III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Correct me if I am wrong.

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure...I've read that each carrier has an entirely different part number. And I don't mean like 747V, 747T, I mean like 747, 517, etc. Also at the XDA forums each carrier branded device has it's own section, leading me to believe that they are not created equal.

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
From my understanding. The Snapdragon S4 used in North American markets contain the same modem capabilities and functionality can be limited only by software. I also believe that Verizon had already said that they will provide "global capabilities" to their GS3 at a later time via Software update. As far as I know Qualcomm did not make separate hardware modems in their S4 for at least the U.S. based carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay