Leave it to verizon!!!

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm waiting for the GS3 (hopefully around the corner). I found it interesting that if shipping date stays true, Big Red will be releasing two phones the exact same time. According to articles that I'am reading the HTC Incredible 4g due to release 21 June is also pushed to the 6 of july, making it the same week that the much awaited GS3 might be released.... Wondering why that is??? Doesn't seem like much of a great bussiness tactic!

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually the GS3 might be released 7/12, after the preorders shipped. Or 6/28, a week before the Dinc4g.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
HTC Droid Incredible 4G $99

We all know this is about Unlimited Data. The only reason the SGS3 was made available is becuase of the other 3 carriers pushing the release.

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Unlimted data for this phone...I know just like verizon and every other data suker hound out there, that when you want the next latest and greatest out there (if your like me, at least a year from now) that sooner or later your time for unlimted will close to an end. It actually save me money!

DAMMM U VERIZON!!!!!!

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The new Dinc will be a good phone, but it is not anywhere near the new super phone status of the og Dinc or the one x or nexus.

Maybe VZW realizes they are gonna sell a ton of s3's no matter what , but will have a shortage of stock .... Soooo when when Mr. Or Mrs. Johnson comes in to get the new "Samsung iPhone " VZW can say we are out of stock on that but this is the newest HTC phone and it is just as good, if not better cause its smaller and easier to carry.

draco947

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, there still hasn't been an official release date announced for the DInc4, so it will be interesting to see how things unfold in the coming weeks.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's a good business tactic for Verizon. Maybe not for the manufacturer. But it's not strange for them release devices close to each other. Look at the releases they had last fall.... Rezound and razr released in november. I think within days of each other. And them you had the nexus a month later with lg spectrum a few weeks after that. That seem to come I'm waves for Verizon. It wont be too long that we will see the next razr them iPhone 5. Business as usual.

ReRAZD

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Take this for what it's worth (we all know the reliability of support agents), but I attempted to get some facts directly from a Samsung support agent about the Verizon release date.

I wish I had better news than this, but it seems as though they know just as little about the release date as Verizon. The agent I spoke with gave a canned response of:

"Samsung manufactures devices and sells them to carriers. Once that occurs it is out of Samsung's control as far as the actual release to the public. Samsung gives a suggested date of release that they would like the carrier to follow, but the carrier is not obligated to follow the suggestion. I'm sorry I do not have any more information about the Verizon release of the Galaxy S3. I suggest you contact Verizon customer service about your question."

Maybe it is me, but that sounds like Samsung has been getting a barrage of calls with questions from not only the US, but every other country that is releasing the SGS3. I looked at it as a generic response they were told to give. I even asked about the rumored 6/28 release and the 7/9-7/11 release dates and she said "I cannot confirm or deny those dates."

Sorry I don't have better news. It looks like we literally will not know the ship date until people receive emails from Verizon informing us our shipment is on it's way and post on the Droid sites for everyone to see. Booooo.

I have to say I kind of grinned when I saw that the other carriers have supply issues. It made me feel a little less mad about having to wait. Either Verizon is a genius for planning on a shortage and waiting to fill initial preorders, or they are giant d-bags that don't care to inform anyone about anything ever. :p

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Incredible 4G launching anywhere near the S3 is suicide for HTC really. Rumors have pegged it at being $149.99 after a $50 MIR and IF that turns out to be true, that's even worse since most consumers won't really think about the MIR and just see that the DINC4G is $199.99 out-of-pocket for a 4", 8gb non-HD screen and the S3 is $199.99 for a 4.8" HD, 16GB device. Not too many people would pick up the DINC4G unless they really prefer Sense or the smaller form factor.

Personally, I think the 4" smartphone is the perfect size for those not wanting a gargantuan device and had it at least featured a 720P display instead of the QHD I'm not going to lie, I would have really considered upgrading to it over the S3 because I prefer Sense 4 over Touchwiz anyday.

But, alas...here I am waiting for my first Samsung android phone (having mostly used HTC and Motorola so far) and I'm hoping I don't hate Touchwiz as much as I think I might.

Last edited:

ReRAZD

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope Verizon is working extra hard on all of that bloatware! That's the first thing I'm doing when I get mine. Root>debloat>most likely go all Golem and call it "my precious".

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I think we all know...HTC followers will pop that kinda money just to get ICS there HTC device...however my daughter is an HTC fan will be waiting for the HTC REZOUND....ICS update. While chews ny nails for my gs3....

Worst part about all this.. just got a text from my buddy....says just wanted to let you know im texting you from my new sg3.....of course he us not on verizon......UGGGGGGGGGHHHH

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ReRAZD

May 20, 2012
Visit site
In case you can't tell by the name HT Toid, I'm rockin a RAZR. Not a MAXX. The crap RAZR. Then Moto screwed me and released the MAXX 2 and 1/2 months later. So... Hello Samsung! I don't know what I am going to do. I am not used to having an OEM that actually releases OTA updates in a timely manner. It only took Moto 7 months to release ICS. Super-fast. -.-

ReRAZD

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Worst part about all this.. just got a text from my buddy....says just wanted to let you know im texting you from my new sg3.....of course he us not on verizon......UGGGGGGGGGHHHH

That is pretty lame yeah. Tbh though I would much rather have LTE coverage pretty much all over nowadays with Verizon than have spotty 3G ATT coverage (I was an ATT iPhone owner), or non-existent 4G on Sprint (had Sprint too way back when). The whole no Unlimited data for new subscribers or existing that don't preorder before 6/28 is a BS move by Verizon though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo