Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

the screen gorgeous, the icons a bit cartoonish my reception so far sucks : 1 bar phone and no 4g where i live, though i did have 4g on my HTC TB and LG revolution both POS Phones] but not consistenly, camera seems ok have not tried a lot yet, battery is good, far better than my htc or lg. will play with it for awhile, if i dont like it i will trade it in for htc incredible 4g lte

This may be a little late or redundant, but for what it's worth:

Former Samsung Fascinate user here (one of the old Galaxy S variants). Received Verizon Galaxy S3 white 32gb (SCH-i500) last Monday, but held off until they arrived in the Verizon stores today for a quick hands-on before opening the box at home. Having been told on the phone my local store finally got them, dashed over (with my Fascinate) to take a look.

Want the good or bad news first? Will start off with the good (there's more good than bad):

As advertised, the unit looks actually elegant and was silky smooth in operation, great display responsiveness, really a joy to navigate thru. Going from 3G to 4G LTE was a miracle in itself-- made surfing the web actually useful on one of these things. Has to be at least 10 times as fast, maybe 15x more than the Fascinate's 3G, challenges even my 25/25 Fios internet at home in smoothness and quickness. Sharpness-wise, since the Fascinate has 800x400 resolution, the 1280x720 on the S3 was considerably sharper, but not quite as sharp as i thought it might be. My glasses are tweaked for reading really tiny print, so was probably knocking on the "visible pixels" level of viewing. Again, overall pretty good. The Fascinate had Gingerbread, so ICS was a nice stepup. Bought a $3 USB OTG cable on the internet, and was pleased to find out it works! But don't expect your S3 to power a small external portable hard drive--it needs its own source (at least mine did). Even a 3TB drive works just fine with its own power source. Flash drives also worked fine with no additional power. The cam seems really good too (big step-up in sharpness, realism and performance on both still shots and video--smooth and unbelievably versatile features). Battery with heavy use held up quite well-20 or so percent used over 2 or so hours. GPS with Google Maps is the most sensitive ever seen--locks on in seconds not minutes, usually even works indoors! Oh yeah, the back panel that some have complained is flimsy and thin--works fine for me, and would much rather have it since it allows easy access to memory and battery inside the unit. It's very similar to the Fascinate's, which held up just fine over almost 2 years, and that was after opening numerous times. On a "drop test" the back might detach/come off (haven't done it yet), but it's the screen that counts. After daughter drop-smashed her iPhone screen recently, and me dropping the Fascinate at least twice (once on concrete), will let you guess who made out better. Here's to gorilla glass.

So the bad part: the brightness (actually, screen in general) is indeed slightly weak. Comparing side by side with the Fascinate, both at FULL brightness, just no if's and's or but's about it, the two-year-old Fascinate is brighter. Not by much, but it is noticeable--a disappointment to be sure. (Actually compared to TWO S3's on display; both outdone.) Was then worried whether the S3 would be a washout in direct sunlight. Answer--doesn't seem to be. It is luckily still viewable, but the squint factor/eyestrain when outdoors is likely more with the S3. Bottom line: the S3 has no reserve screen power for strong light environments. This limitation imho would guess is maybe intentional-- part of a battery/screen conservation or heat reduction scheme; in other words, it may be that no rooting, new ROM, nor future update is going to make it any brighter. (C'mon, Samsung, don't skimp on the screen performance on an otherwise superior product!) Don't get me wrong--the screen looks lovely--indoors. During a video-movie test the colors were good, tho possibly lacking a little punch that the Fascinate had (when outdoors in bright sunlight neither is very enjoyable to watch). And I agree the auto-bright feature is useless. Some developer no doubt with super low-light vision screwed up setting it ridiculously dark. It forces you to leave it in manual and look for a utility that allows instant adjustment (fortunately there are some out there). But this SHOULD be fixed by an update. A user-selectable low, medium, or high auto brightness would really be cool. Also, my headset seems to pick up an intermittent hum from the device when it's plugged into AC (may have to look into that).

So, nothing's perfect. But could certainly do a lot worse than the S3 (especially of all things the iPhone--how so many Verizon customers were willing to pay megabucks to get an iPhone with 3G, puny 3.5" screen, no upgradeable memory nor removable battery to mention a few, never ceases to amaze...). But facing the "act-now-to-grandfather-unlimited-data" situation, was really pushed into this upgrade. But glad i did, especially for its velvety smoothness, top notch camera/gps and speedy internet--so cool to have a fast connection in many on-the-go places.
    Thanked by:
    WhoMe and MERCDROID like this.

First impressions will be short and simple.
    The phone is just not all that. 4G is spotty going back and forth. I live in full 4G area. The volume button just sucks. The browser is lousy. The screen indoors is gorgeous. Outside it's lousy. Call quality is great. The OS just isn't buttery smooth as others have said. Screen freezes now and then.

Bottom line, it's going back.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

good bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out =)

Quote Originally Posted by ferniesp View Post
    The phone is just not all that. 4G is spotty going back and forth. I live in full 4G area. The volume button just sucks. The browser is lousy. The screen indoors is gorgeous. Outside it's lousy. Call quality is great. The OS just isn't buttery smooth as others have said. Screen freezes now and then.

Probably a good idea because sounds like you have a lemon. This is the fastest phone I have ever owned (and I have had them all, most recently the pretty darn fast GNex). The screen is gorgeous, and even brighter than the GNex. Battery life so far after 4 days of heavy use is the best that I have ever had on a phone. The camera is also so far the best I have had (lots of droids and the GNex in the past) but not as nice as my DH's iPhone yet.

The only thing I truly hate about the phone is the stock keyboard. It is godaweful. But quickly installed Swype and all is back to normal.

I had a Droid charge, which I loved until the last update, then it became a POS. I upgraded to a Nexus. I loved how responsive the phone was, when I had service. I returned the nexus and now have the 16g sgIII. Signal strength so far for me has been hands down better. I couldn't even keep wifi with the nexus and that was on two different phones. Battery life has been far better since it is holding the signal better.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

I think folks with reception trouble need to check if SIM was registered properly on verizon. I saw some reports that caused the initial signal issue after activating GS3.

I played with GS3, Razr, Rezound in verizon store yesterday. GS3 was clearly the fastest in 4G speed on both speedtest and browser. Razr was the close second and Rezound was beaten by GS3 by pretty big margin, almost twice slower. But GS3 was not the best when it comes to signal dbm reading though Razr with ICS was just slightly better.

I think Samsung/Verizon somewhat loosened 4G connection threshold to balance battery life in GS3. So it's 4G range might not be as good as Razr, Rezound but it's very fast when on 4G. This is probably adjustable in the radio software update.
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Just know.that in the Verizon store they use booster signal units there all going to run well

I don't understand the harsh response on my feedback. No, my phone was not a lemon because when I took it back to the store, the rep and I compared it with several of their demos. Even the store rep agreed that the brightness was subpar on all of the phones. It's already well documented. Regarding the speed tests( I think they are a joke). I use my browser a lot and I was not at all impressed with my dedicated CNN and Fox News shortcuts when it came to loading full web pages. The lack of text reflow and double tap sent me over the edge. Those two features are a must for me.
    The build quality was to plasticky. And yes, the display was very hard to see in daylight.
    At the end of the day, it's not a bad phone. It's the best Verizon android so far because it does most everything pretty well. Call quality, decent browsing, decent battery, very good camera and video, good display indoors. There is more but you get my drift.
    In my humble opinion, if the Motorola droid razr max had a good camera like the Samung or iPhone, I would choose that phone if I chose android.

Peace

Had mine for a few days now. Coming from a Razr Maxx and before that iPhone 4.

Aesthetics-
    I like the feel of the phone, much rather have a phone made out of plastic than glass. If you dropped a plastic cup and a glass, both from shoulder level, which one do you think is going to still be able to hold water? These things go right into a case anyway.

Screen-
    I agree with the tint problems mentioned by others. Turning up the brightness does help, however. There is no comparison between this and the Razr Maxx. One of my chief problems with the Razr was the screen and after getting the GSIII, I could never go back. Compared a GSIII side by side to iPhone 4 looking at the same pictures. After really, really, close examination (with both screens on maximum brightness) I would give the iphone a very slight edge. But, difference in screen size completely overwhelms any slight difference in quality.

Hardware-
    It might just be that I am missing something obvious, but I really miss the capacitive search button. I know Google is trying to get away from hard buttons. I might not understand the nuances of why it is a good thing from a software standpoint, but I constantly find myself wishing there was a dedicated search button, always in the same place and always available. That was one of the things I hated about the iPhone and loved about the Razr. I also don't care for the power button being directly opposite the volume rocker. Good job putting the usb port on the bottom. I also really like the home button exactly the way it is.

Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
    Bluetooth has worked great with car stereo. Speakerphone (hardly use it) is best I have had. Phone calls are very clear

Overall User Interface (including TouchWiz)
    Touchwiz seems fine in and of itself. I just hate the look of the icons. It makes an otherwise great screen look cartoonish. Have been using apex since pretty early on.

Widgets
    I am pretty set in my ways as far as widgets go. I will say that the calendar widget is my favorite so far.

Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
    This was one of my biggest concerns getting this phone. I have heard so many horror stories about Samsung radios. My impetus for switching from the Razr Maxx had to do with reception. After the ICS upgrade, my reception on the Razr was awful. I would get total signal loss in places I previously had a decent signal. I would receive those phantom voicemails when I had been sitting right next my phone. Started to remind me of my iPhone.
    So far the GSIII has been pretty good with reception. Consistently better than the iPhone. About on par with the Razr Maxx before ICS. In some locations it has been better and it has not been worse anywhere.

GPS
    Fast, accurate lock. Better than Razr so far.

Battery Life
    It is tough to come from the Razr Maxx when it comes to battery life. It is better than I feared, however. Only got to about 3:30 P.M. the first full day. But, that was extremely heavy use and on the first full charge. I expect it will eventually get me through most days.

Performance
    Hard to say anything here other than it has been perfect. Incredibly smooth and fast.

Media (music, movies, DLNA)
    I never use any of the stock apps for media. I do miss having the motocast feature from the Razr Maxx. Every phone provider needs to have that amazing function. (if Samsung has a comparable feature and I am just missing it, please, someone, let me know.)

Keyboard
    Not good. Doesn't matter, just switch to swiftkey.

Camera (both still & video)
    Fantastic. Absolutely blows the Razr out of the water. It is also clearly better than iphone 4. Not so great inside at night, but which phone camera is?

Overall, it is easily the best phone I have had. That sounds kind of silly to say since it is the newest and obviously should be better than any phone from last year. Maybe it is more useful to say that I have been more initially impressed with this phone than I have been with any phone before it.
    Thanked by 2:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smbrooks32 View Post
    Just know.that in the Verizon store they use booster signal units there all going to run well
    Yeah and if your phone is right there in the store then it should perform as well.

Still disappointed the brightness isn't brighter. Read some reports the brightness is measured significantly lower than the older galaxies.

Question is... why? If it was to conserve battery life, it makes no sense since the battery is user-replaceable, and they aren't even that expensive. Take the iphone where you're stuck with the battery they give you unless you pay apple more megabucks and endure unnecessary inconvenience to replace it (lithiums lose about 25 percent per year under normal use).

Another possibiility is due to heat. The s3 feels warmer than my old fascinate. i could get my fascinate to overheat (not overclocked) upon which it would refuse to charge the battery until cooldown. i bet the s3 might do the same (haven't had enough time to test it thoroughly yet), and would do it worse if the screen was given more power.

Oh well, can't have everything, many great qualities...

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Went from 4S to S3. Not a fanboy of either, but my objective comparison of both shows that each phone has it's strengths/weaknesses. Seat of the pants use of both phones shows that the 4S is every bit as fast as the S3. Overall, it'll open the IOS versions of the apps faster and navigate the menus just as fast. Comparing Safari to both the Samsung browser and Chrome using wifi is about a draw, but the 4S wins more than it loses. Of course, when there's 4G, it's no comparison and the S3 browser is a joy. This is one of the few reasons I may keep the phone.

As far as the screen, it's big and beautiful (another reason I may keep the phone), but the screen is not nearly as bright as it should be. When used alone, you can fool yourself into thinking the S3 screen is bright and acurate, but comparing the two phones side by side reveals just how dim the S3 is and how the color range is off (whites are actually blue). Outside, I struggle to see the S3.

My last disappointment is the camera. It's nice, especially when comparing to 90% of the phones that are out there. But, for me it's a step down. I compared the two phones extensively by holding them side by side and taking photos/videos. I played with settings and did everything I could to give the S3 an advantage but overall, it took fewer "best" shots than the 4S. As far as video, I'm convinced that there is a problem with the stabilization of the S3 that'll probably get better with updates. When holding the two phones side by side and panning slowly, the S3 jerks and stutters. Again, if I weren't comparing against similar video that's perfectly smooth, I might convince myself that this is normal (because it is admittedly slight). But when playing them side by side on my computer monitor, the S3's video is obviously jerky. If you want to see for yourself, take a video of a ceiling fan. And yes, I rebooted the phone, turned Anti-Shake off, etc.

In the end, I'm not sure what I'll do. I love the size of the screen and want the 4G really bad. I'm also looking forward to re-joining the android experience (had a Droid X) and all the flexibility that it offers. I miss the excellent navigation/location/map features since getting my 4S. I don't want to make any rash decisions and will let my evaluation period play out before deciding what to do.
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Anybody coming from a Razr Maxx and worrying about battery life, since S3's NOT like an iphone or HTC, it's no big thing! All that's necessary is an INexpensive second battery which can usually slip into whatever case you're carrying the phone around in, and u have automatic spare juice--without adding bulk to the phone while using it! Can't understand why people sweat battery life. If you don't mind a slightly larger form factor there is available an inexpensive double size battery with special replacement phone back--which provides an S3 with Razr Maxx battery equivalent.
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

ROM
    ICS blazer ROM

Hey everyone just picked up my s3 two days ago. I thought I might wait a coupe days before I give my opinion on this phone.
    Anyways. I'm currently on sprint with the S2 and I bought the S3 on Verizon. Thought if I was gonna get the S3 then I have to be on a good network.
    1) I'm really living the feel of this phone in general. I have some small hands and for some reason it's not as bad as I thought. Also the glossy feel on the front and the curvyness of the screen is just amazing!!
    2) I definitely see a difference with the display coming from my S2 to S3. It seems a little more crisp and the text/widgets pops out more. the text and fonts when im surfing the web are a lot more crisp compared to my S2 when i was looking at it indoors. outside its tough seeing the screen but its still really nice. i dont have to hover over my phone to block the sun or anything.
    3) the thing I love most about this baby is how smooth the transitions are going from 3g-4G and from network-wifi. Also whenever I get home my s3 connects straight to my wifi no questions asked :-)
    4) the speed for me is just insane. So snappy and responsive. I've been testing this thing everywhere and for everything. Gps, Internet, texting, pictures like crazy. It takes on whatever while being fast as heck.
    5) battery life is ok. I'm always on 4G so I'm paying the price. I wake up at 8am and I have to charge around 4. With moderate use such as emails, square, pictures, texting, and calling.
    6) camera is just unreal compared to other devices ive had in the past like the TB, EVO, E3D, Photon, Nexus S, S2. but yeah the camera is crazy fast and blows everything out of the water. the only thing im not a fan of is when the flash is on. kind of takes a while. but other than that i love life. my gf has the 4s and she is constantly taking pictures on my S3 vs her phone which im proud of in a way =)

So yeah I'm really excited about this phone and can't wait for JB. Or at least for me to root into JB haha. I would definitely recommend this phone to anyone. Thanks.
    Thanked by 2:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I love the feel of this phone. I walked in on my birthday a few days ago and it took me all of 30min to trade in my Droid 4 and swap out my sim and sd cards for the S3. I like the feel of the phone, but I bought an Incipio case the same day along with screen protectors. The screen is gorgeous. Way better than on the Droid 4. And the signal and call quality were great as well. For all the fuss about signal strength, the 4G purrs along with only 2 bars. And 3g is fast enough as well. Haven't had a problem with making calls or surfing the internet. I will say the keyboard is absolutely awful lol. But I use hacker's keyboard from the Play Store and it works great. The battery life on this phone is just amazing. Easily goes through a full day with no issues. As for Touchwiz, I actually like it. coming from the Droid 4, it was definitely a boring experience. Motoblur was blah. There was nothing unique about it besides the keyboard. But with Touchwiz, there seems to be all of these different gestures that you can use to make using the phone much more fun. Having paid full price for this phone, and with how great the experience has been, it's definitely a keeper for the next few years

So, I love the phone. The screen is great, though I wish it were brighter, but I love the size and vibrant colors. I love that I can play video on top of other open appsHaving said that, I'm not sure if my phone just had performance anxiety or what. But I took it to Disneyland and attempted to use the app Mousewait (it shows how long lines are for rides in the park). I tested it out before I left home, and it worked fine. It worked fine on my Droid X as well. Well, at the moment I really needed it, I opened it up and the phone restarted. After it restarted, I reopened it and the phone froze. This happened twice. I finally got it to work after a battery pull. Haven't had any problems since. That was frustrating, because one of the reasons I was ready to get rid of my X is that it wouldn't do what I wanted, when I wanted it. I hope I didn't trade one problem for another.
    Thanked by:

I have an iPhone 4s also.
    Very unhappy with the locked bootloader. Once the Samsung "developer" version comes out I will get that. Yes I know there will be hacks but its not the same as an unlocked bootloader.
    I actually haven't noticed the screen being that dim. The iPhone 4s screen still has sharper text and its a 2 year old screen. Maybe better colors too but its hard to say since the standard Android interface is so garish. I do like the big screen but my 52 year old eyes still prefer the sharper text on the iPhone.
    Bloatware, either Verizon's or Samsung's, sucks. Apple is the only company that doesn't roll over for the carriers and allow this. I assume the Samsung developer version will at least not have the Verizon bloatware. Its not like the phone is cheap yet they still slather on the bloatware.
    I expected the phone to feel cheap and plasticky like every other Samsung phone. But it doesn't really because of the thinness and rounded edges.
    Battery is fine but nothing amazing if you are used to an iPhone.
    Touchwiz is no longer horrible but I will still get rid of it.
    Stock keyboard is not good. Still deciding on an alternative.
    It's fast. I detect a little lag compared to an iPhone but not much. That may be the bloatware but should also be even better in Jelly Bean.
    Better speakers and sound quality than the iPhone 4s. I prefer talking on it to the iPhone.
    Not impressed by the camera and especially the camera software. Could be better on Samsung's flagship phone. iPhone 4s is much better here plus using Photostream and iCloud syncs your pictures across iOS devices and Macs. Very handy. Note that the iPhone 4 and the 4s have different cameras.
    S Voice is a joke but i don't find Siri useful either even though it works much better.
    iPhone has much more voice control in apps which is surprising.
    I haven't used Chrome long but I find it better than the stock browser. You would think Chrome would be the stock browser...
    I wasn't in a hurry for LTE on my phone until I got an iPad 3. Now I feel the need for speed and the S III delivers in a big way.
    This is going to be a very popular phone. Which means lots of choices in accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by kobastal View Post
    Had mine for a few days now. Coming from a Razr Maxx and before that iPhone 4.
    I like the feel of the phone, much rather have a phone made out of plastic than glass. If you dropped a plastic cup and a glass, both from shoulder level, which one do you think is going to still be able to hold water?
    You do know the iPhone use glass which is not like the glass in a windows or cup right?

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32 View Post
    *Encrypted Bootloader. Once again, this is on Verizon and not Samsung but this three ring circus of letting customers know that there will be a "developer" version in a few months that you can pay full price for is BS. Not only that but Verizon had removed any warranty support on those devices.
    I assume Samsung provides direct warranty service for those phones. I hopes its good and fast because otherwise you could be without a phone for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by snookie View Post
    I assume Samsung provides direct warranty service for those phones. I hopes its good and fast because otherwise you could be without a phone for awhile.
    Doesn't really matter. Was reading somewhere yesterday that the warranty is only good for 30 days or until custom firmware is loaded, whichever happens first. At least the warranty for normal device doesn't explicitly disallow customer firmware just that any defect or damage caused by it isn't covered. http://www.samsung.com/us/system/con...tsversion4.pdf

My final review after returning my phone and playing with the wife's phone for the past week. If your feelings get hurt I am sorry. Just keeping it real.

The dimness of the screen is just too much to overlook. It's that bad and the reviews are pouring in on this issue.
    The browser just sucks donkey balls. No text reflow even on a double tap. The reader option is god awful slow.

In a room, the screen is as good as they come.
    Call quality is excellent!
    Camera is great.
    Build quality for me is that it feels cheap.
    Battery is very good.
    Music is good.
    OS is smooth but not quite IOS.
    Signal is just horrible. Very weak radio.
    All in all it's a good phone. Is it worth upgrading from an iPhone or other top androids? I think not.

There you have it.

Peace

This is my first post. I have enjoyed reading the Android Central forums for a couple of weeks now - they have been a good resource.
    I'd like to weigh in on the Galaxy S3.
    I have been an iPhone user since Day 2 of the original iPhone launch. There was a six month break when my company switched to Verizon before the iPhone was on Big Red. During that time I had the Motorola Droid (original) which I grew to despise.

I have had my S III for one week now and I have to say I am really enjoying it.

•Aesthetics - like the look and feel. I've read a lot of comments about the cheap plastic back...but when the back cover is on I don't see how you can tell. I think it is a beautiful phone. I have the white version.

•Screen - I do not use Auto Brightness - WAY too dark..but think the screen is bright crisp and clear and best of all HUGE.

•Hardware - Processor seems very fast and smooth. No issues with Hard Buttons yet. The 'soft' buttons are very easily 'accidently' pressed and can cause some heartburn. I can't wait to see all the accessories that will be coming.

•Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
    Good sound quality, phone pairs well with my Alpine car stereo, speakerphone seems fine.

•Overall User Interface (including TouchWiz)
    I have had a bit of a learning curve coming from iOS but overall seems intuitive. I've never used a 'stock' Android phone so don't know the difference betwen that and TouchWiz. I tried out S Voice and got too many Network Errors - I have disabled S Voice. The Google Voice feature works very well for me...suprisingly so at times. I did use the S Share feature and it worked perfectly.

•Widgets
    Still learning here. Just using the widgets as they came with the phone. Wish the Accuweater widget would update more frequently.

•Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
    Seems similar to my iPhone 4. My market just went 4G and I did a side by side Speed Test 'test' and my 4G speed was many times faster than my wife's iPhone 4 speed. I spend 90% of my time in a Wi-Fi environment and having lost my unlimited data plan not sure how much use I will get out of 4G...but it sure is cool.

•GPS
    No issues - worked as advertised. Have disabled the VZ Navigator.

•Social Networking
    Don't do a whole lot of this - but like the Twitter app I'm using. Having really tested out any of the integration.

•Email/Calendar
    E-mail....still evaluating. I did use K-9 mail during my first Android experience. I am using the stock App - no real complaints.

•Battery Life - Also stil evaluating - don't think it is quite as good as my previous phone - but does appear the phone can make it all day - which is all I need it to do. I can always charge in my car and in my office.

•Performance - Excellent

•Media (music, movies, DLNA) - Pandora, Spotify Audible all work just as well as on iOS. Have not tried out DLNA yet.

•Keyboard's - using stock keyboard...this may have to change. Not digging it. UPDATE 07/23/12 : Installed SwiftKey 3 over the weekend. Much better experience. Does an excellent job of prediction, typing speed increased dramtically!! Highly recommend.

•Camera (both still & video) - Very good. Need to try out Burst Mode. Might give it a try at my son's next baseball game.

•How the Galaxy S3 compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable)
    Can't believe I'd ever leave the Apple camp...but I think I have. When I picked up my wife's iPhone 4 last night - it just seemed no where near as nice as my Galaxy. Smaller, thicker, the word that came to mind was 'clunkier'. Wonder what Jony Ives would think of that!

Compared to that original Motorola Droid - it is amazing how far Android and smartphones have come in such a short time.

•Disappointments (if any) - The phone does get hot. Not much bad to say at all.

Thanks for taking the time to read. If there are any 'on the fence' iPhone users I'd say "Go For it"!!!
    Thanked by 2:

My final review after returning my phone and playing with the wife's phone for the past week. If your feelings get hurt I am sorry. Just keeping it real.

The dimness of the screen is just too much to overlook. It's that bad and the reviews are pouring in on this issue.
    The browser just sucks donkey balls. No text reflow even on a double tap. The reader option is god awful slow.

In a room, the screen is as good as they come.
    Call quality is excellent!
    Camera is great.
    Build quality for me is that it feels cheap.
    Battery is very good.
    Music is good.
    OS is smooth but not quite IOS.
    Signal is just horrible. Very weak radio.
    All in all it's a good phone. Is it worth upgrading from an iPhone or other top androids? I think not.

There you have it.

Peace
    I certainly didn't get my feelings hurt but just remember your reality is not everyone's reality. I find the build quality is fine for the phone and have no issues with screen brightness. By the way I have not had ANY problems with the OS either. As far as signal is concerned I do get a weak signal but so does my wife's Razr so I know that's not a phone issue. I blame Verizon.
    Regarding the browser there enough other choices available that I don't even use the native browser. I use either Dolphin or Chrome. Either works fine. That's the beauty of Android. There are choices.
    Stay with your iPhone if that's what makes you happy. There is enough choice out there for everyone and every phone is not perfect for every person.
    wowpaw and brad419 like this.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

You got a bad phone then. My screen is amazing. I'm a cop..... I'm outside all day every day. I have never had a problem with the brightness of the screen. Even at 2pm in Va. The battery life is ok... Way better than my DROID x. The phone has never froze on me or been laggy.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast