I'm seeing a lot of reported problems

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The cracking of the case is being widely reported now. That's it for me, no way am I buying this.

IMG-20120625-WA0006.jpg

FreezingD

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
And exactly how was the case cracked? I cracked an old flip-phone screen by sitting on it when it was in my pocket. Who's fault was that? Motorola's or mine?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The cracking of the case is being widely reported now. That's it for me, no way am I buying this.

Click to view quoted image

Do they say how it was cracked? Like did they just noticed a hairline crack that got bigger (which happened on different phones before) or was it dropped at all. Because some would think even if it drops but not a big impact it still should fall apart. And I'd be inclined to agree but have to know the actual details.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had pretty good luck with Verizon "making it right" when I go in-store to ***** about my phone. I have had no problem getting a new/like new phone any time I had a legit issue before the warranty was up. Sure quality issues are concerning but I would rather ground floor this and have to go back later for a replacement than sit around on the sideline.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I love these bashing threads talking about "a lot" of people or how it's "widely reported" that this or that is wrong with the phone and yet not one thread/website/story is ever posted to back up these "claims".

It's also no surprise that a quick scan of the AC Forums show ZERO threads about said "claim" and surprisingly each OP in EVERY thread like this one ends with the OP questioning if they are going to cancel their preorder.

*Yawn*

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App

Reactions: lpt2569

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I love these bashing threads talking about "a lot" of people or how it's "widely reported" that this or that is wrong with the phone and yet not one thread/website/story is ever posted to back up these "claims".

It's also no surprise that a quick scan of the AC Forums show ZERO threads about said "claim" and surprisingly each OP in EVERY thread like this one ends with the OP questioning if they are going to cancel their preorder.

*Yawn*

Come on its not bashing. They're just saying they have concerns. Maybe a bit paranoid but some are and others aren't. I do agree "widely reported" and stuff like that is an exaggeration but don't be so sensitive and think everything has to be bashing.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
To be fair,Verizon buyers of the SGS3 have an extra reason to be skittish about any QC issues. After the 27th they are committed to this phone as their last "free" upgrade. After that date the only option they'll have without going to a Share Everything Plan or tiered data is replacing with another SGS3.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people are complaining about black streaks in the screen and cracks around the edges of the phone. Given that the build quality was already one of the knocks against this phone in many reviews, I'm having second thoughts about purchasing.

I appreciate your concern, but can you please post links to all these people who are complaining in forum threads or news articles or whatever? Considering there are are already millions of these devices in the wild around the world, if a lot of people really are reporting the same issues over and over again, there should be some evidence somewhere to back this up by now, I would think. A handful of people who are complaining bc they got a bad device or they just simply messed up their brand new phone by doing something stupid does not mean the device itself has any major issues. Every piece of new tech that comes out will tend to have a bad lot or two...TVs, cars, laptops, etc. Not always, but it is not uncommon. And if you get a faulty device, get another one from the carrier, which more than likely will be fine. If not, get a different phone. Not that big a deal. ;)

Last edited:

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not too worried. They've sold a whole lot of these already and a lot of the early adopters are types who will end up on a forum like this or XDA. If the issue was truly widespread, I think we'd see more evidence of it due to the type of owners. If it was a bunch of "casual" buyers, who don't know what XDA is or think root means a plant, then I'd wonder more.

Of course as someone already pointed out, I don't have much of a choice anyway on VZW. What am I going to do? Get a Nexus or Rezound? I might as well get this, even if it has a few flaws. Plus it has a warranty. Any QC issue would be a warranty claim.

Reactions: fotd and lpt2569

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

Based off of the abrasions and slight denting and dislocating seen in that pic it looks to me like they dropped it on a very firm, abrasive, protruding surface, such as a sidewalk curb. I can't imagine any phone out there that could survive such a drop unscathed.

I've never used a case before as I like flying naked with just a screen protector. But I'm going with a case this time.

Thinking about a Rock case:

xda-developers - View Single Post - Case/bumper that doesn't add bulk

Reactions: f1nzup

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
This is the main thing I will miss about my Droid X. It's been dropped many times and run over by a boat trailer. Because it is made with metal it never sustained the kind of damage the SG3 in the picture above did. Regardless this phone is still the best option out on Verizon. Roll with it.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Come on its not bashing. They're just saying they have concerns. Maybe a bit paranoid but some are and others aren't. I do agree "widely reported" and stuff like that is an exaggeration but don't be so sensitive and think everything has to be bashing.

When you include ZERO reports/articles/websites/threads/etc as evidence of said "problems" then it's nothing more than bashing.

It's the age old finding "flaws" with the hot girl cause you can't have her.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
lol, maybe but I could find another :)

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Find one that shows both of the phones being dropped from the same height onto the same surface by the same person. Otherwise, it's all silliness. I had an OG EVO 4G and it was a brick, but my 2 year old managed to crack the screen when he dropped it down our carpeted stairs.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
My picture was posted over on XDA, head over there for more on the topic. Other sources can be found by searching Google.

No use why some of you are so defensive about a phone you don't even own yet.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My picture was posted over on XDA, head over there for more on the topic. Other sources can be found by searching Google.

No use why some of you are so defensive about a phone you don't even own yet.

Your picture of what? If it's that big a deal for you, buy a different phone. Do you even own one yourself yet? If you already have it, return it and get something else and move on. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie