I'm seeing a lot of reported problems

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people are complaining about black streaks in the screen and cracks around the edges of the phone. Given that the build quality was already one of the knocks against this phone in many reviews, I'm having second thoughts about purchasing.

WillC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've also had some concerns based on what I've read in various threads here on AC as well as the other forums I read daily. The reports of "blotches" in the screen worry me in particular. Some of the other issues I've seen mentioned don't worry me as much because I believe they will be addressed in future updates.

There are numerous first impression reviews by those who have already received the US version of the S3 and they all seem to be very favorable so I'm still hopeful that the S3 will meet my expectations and then some.

That being said, I'm glad that Verizon will be the last to ship the S3. I'm constantly watching issues that arise in the other carriers forums and if something really serious comes to light I can always cancel my pre-order before it ships.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have ATT version and there is no issues at all. It is actually one of the first phones that I have ever had where I can't see a fault out of the box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I know they had issues with the galaxy nexus screens so wouldn't surprise me if there are problems with the S3. Don't plan on canceling since I want to hang onto my unlimited data. If there are hardware defects, I will just utilize the warranty as I did with the nexus.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you that looking at Nexus screen and GS3 screen side by side, the GS3 looks better. Don't know why, I think they both have same screen. But it does look better.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
You do realize that for the most part, only people having issues will make threads complaining right? It wouldnt make sense for 100 people to make threads saying "My phone works perfectly! Kthxbye!"

So you seeing "a lot" of problems is a bit skewed in terms of what fraction that is out of the entire pool of users.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people are complaining about black streaks in the screen and cracks around the edges of the phone. Given that the build quality was already one of the knocks against this phone in many reviews, I'm having second thoughts about purchasing.

You are free to do that, but first answer me this question:

Which phone released in the last three years has been perfect with no imperfections whatsoever?

This happens every time a phone is released. Threads show up complaining that something is wrong with the design, or the specs, or the locked bootloader, etc

My point is, you can wait for something else to come out, but threads complaining about that phone will show up too. It's unavoidable :)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd be concerned too. But like any other device there are always those that are defective or with some quality issues. I wouldn't expect the majority of devices to have quality issues. You'll always get people that have some issues and then those that say everything is perfect. The only thing you can really do is just hope you get a good one and usually the chances of that are pretty good. Also, unlike others, I welcome the real reports of users having issues just so it's documenting. Some will try to be naive so they won't feel bad about their purchase.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have ATT version and there is no issues at all. It is actually one of the first phones that I have ever had where I can't see a fault out of the box.

Your 1 phone doesn't cover the entire population. So yours may be good. And I'm inclined to believe that the majority of phones have no serious issues as well. But unfortunately, reports of issues are more helpful then those that constantly say "my phone is perfect". This happens with every device.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I can honestly say of the many phones I've owned over the yrs my.Rezound has had zero issues, no calls into Verizon for support. This phone works as it should so yes there are phones that come out New that works. Also over all threads I've read its had the least complaints than any phone thus far.

sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Your 1 phone doesn't cover the entire population. So yours may be good. And I'm inclined to believe that the majority of phones have no serious issues as well. But unfortunately, reports of issues are more helpful then those that constantly say "my phone is perfect". This happens with every device.

So in this thread your saying you want nothing but people complaining about problems. Not every phone is gonna be perfect. There is gonna be issues. But as I said earlier I'm surprised cause this is one time I can't see anything wrong out of box. I'm normally pretty picky about this stuff!
I was not at all saying that my phone is perfect so will everyone else's. Not everyone has seen one or been able to play with one yet, so I was simply saying so far I've seen no issues.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So in this thread your saying you want nothing but people complaining about problems. Not every phone is gonna be perfect. There is gonna be issues. But as I said earlier I'm surprised cause this is one time I can't see anything wrong out of box. I'm normally pretty picky about this stuff!
I was not at all saying that my phone is perfect so will everyone else's. Not everyone has seen one or been able to play with one yet, so I was simply saying so far I've seen no issues.

No that's not what I'm saying. I said I don't mind having the real reports of real issues. Not complaining. That's different. I've had every iPhone model, 6 android phones, 6 blackberries and never ever had a problem that seemed defective. But at the same time I'm not ignorant to the fact that while I may have been lucky that some people actually get devices where there are quality issues. So I won't try to temper those people by saying "mine is perfect so everyone else has to be as well". Again the more documentation we have out there the better informed people are of potential problems. For instance, samsung phones often experience the same things.... Weaker radios than competitors. So those kinds of reports would give people a possible thing they may experience. It's not all just about the good and everything is rosey.

Believe me when the galaxy nexus first came out people had their issues and then others try to act like its the norm. Now when you read through these posts you see how much people now really talk about how there were some serious issues with the device that wasn't just 2 or 3 people. I'm all for the good and bad as long as its legitimate and not just whining.

Reactions: WillC and locote25

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Amen brother.... The real reports I'd say will come when the device is launched thru local retailers open to everybody..... That's when we will see what's up..

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
No that's not what I'm saying. I said I don't mind having the real reports of real issues. Not complaining. That's different. I've had every iPhone model, 6 android phones, 6 blackberries and never ever had a problem that seemed defective. But at the same time I'm not ignorant to the fact that while I may have been lucky that some people actually get devices where there are quality issues. So I won't try to temper those people by saying "mine is perfect so everyone else has to be as well". Again the more documentation we have out there the better informed people are of potential problems. For instance, samsung phones often experience the same things.... Weaker radios than competitors. So those kinds of reports would give people a possible thing they may experience. It's not all just about the good and everything is rosey.

Believe me when the galaxy nexus first came out people had their issues and then others try to act like its the norm. Now when you read through these posts you see how much people now really talk about how there were some serious issues with the device that wasn't just 2 or 3 people. I'm all for the good and bad as long as its legitimate and not just whining.

Trust me I know all about the issues the Gnex had and still has. I went through several of them and it was annoying cause I had friends that had good luck with theirs. I was simply putting it out there that there not all bad.
As in any real world testing, u need the good with the bad to really know. The OP clearly stated he was seeing alot of bad reports. And I was just trying to help by saying I have yet to see any issues. Everyone is just gonna have to see for themselves. What u or I say means nothing til everyone can experience it for themselves.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Didn't mean to take over this thread with this debate. If anyone is questioning whether or not to buy this phone, it is a good phone and is smooth as butter. U won't regret it. There is always gonna be issues. But I think the good definitely outweighs the bad with this phone.

#goodluck

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I can honestly say of the many phones I've owned over the yrs my.Rezound has had zero issues, no calls into Verizon for support. This phone works as it should so yes there are phones that come out New that works. Also over all threads I've read its had the least complaints than any phone thus far.

sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I think he was referring to the launch of a model of phone, not necessarily a specific individual device. IOW, there were problems/complaints reported when the Rezound launched.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't own a s3 but after only playing with my friends, noticed same exact connectivity problems as s1-2, Samsung needs to clean there act up

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums