Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Post 6/28 Single Tier Line 2GB $30. True or False?

Post 6/28 Single Tier Line 2GB $30.

Running along side Shared Everything plans. I have heard individual single tier lines have a $30 option for 2gb of data. Is this true or false?

Default Re: Post 6/28 Single Tier Line 2GB $30. True or False?

The options should be the same as the existing tiers. 2GB for $30, 5GB for $50 and 10GB for $80.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Un-rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Knows Android View Post
    Post 6/28 Single Tier Line 2GB $30.

Running along side Shared Everything plans. I have heard individual single tier lines have a $30 option for 2gb of data. Is this true or false?

True, existing customers can choose either the new share everything plan or the existing single & family plans they have today. With data plans as they are today $30 for 2gb, the unlimited is gone.

Existing customers can keep what they have now after the 28th, but if you want a subsidized phone, and order it on and after the 28th then you will not have your existing unlimited data option.

All new customers are forced into the share everything.

Quote Originally Posted by spun2u View Post

All new customers are forced into the share everything.
    ok so how is a new individual customer supposed to pick one of the "shared" plans? Who are they sharing with?

I think what people on all the message boards are forgetting is that these new plans are only for group plans with multiple lines. People on new or existing individual lines don't have anything to do with this stuff . Unless you count the fact they will will lose unlimited and have to go with a metered plan, but they are still individual lines and dont have to pick a shared plan.

is that the case or is the shared data all that is available as in share between multiple devices not family's your phone,your jetpack, your notebook, your tablet. one person multiple devices. Never got into the details with verizon just wondering if this is how it is.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Single lines with unlimited may keep unlimited even when you upgrade.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

True.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Stock

Verizon is really messed up for this, things like this is why people Root and tether. So wrong.

ROM
    Stock

I preordered mine and wad told thatI would be grandfathered in. I can see that changing soon either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Single lines with unlimited may keep unlimited even when you upgrade.
    uhm...no

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Un-rooted

Quote Originally Posted by maskedcarrot View Post
    ok so how is a new individual customer supposed to pick one of the "shared" plans? Who are they sharing with?.
    Your sharing devices.

If I only had one line and one phone and wasn't going to add a ipad, or android tablet then I'd rock with a single plan without the share everything plan.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I'm not going to sweat it any more than i have to the new plans will actually save me about $60 or so a month anyway. Sorry about posting the wrong info.

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

This is the first time I've heard of the new plans saving someone money! As far as I can tell, Verizon is increasing the costs for everyone while taking away options.

Quote Originally Posted by spun2u View Post
    Your sharing devices.

If I only had one line and one phone and wasn't going to add a ipad, or android tablet then I'd rock with a single plan without the share everything plan.
    so the people who are getting screwed the MOST are new customers w/ only a smartphone on their line? forced into shared plan? even though you dont have another device. horrid
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xemtra View Post
    so the people who are getting screwed the MOST are new customers w/ only a smartphone on their line? forced into shared plan? even though you dont have another device. horrid
    The old Individual plans still exist for new customers. They're just not really advertised on the main page. When you go to purchase new service, the Individual plan options appear.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The old Individual plans still exist for new customers. They're just not really advertised on the main page. When you go to purchase new service, the Individual plan options appear.

You sure about that? Going through to purchase even a basic phone only brings up the Share Everything options.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    You sure about that? Going through to purchase even a basic phone only brings up the Share Everything options.
    Tried it earlier on a desktop. When going to the plans, after selecting a Galaxy S3 and saying I'm a new customer, I was given the option to select Share Everything or Individual.

hmm..looks like they haven't fully updated the iconic portal. Selecting a Galaxy S3 on the initial page and then selecting your device is the only way that shows the old individual plans. Also shows the old Nationwide family plan. Selecting any other device on the main product page seems to require a Share Everything plan.

Going through today it looks like the $30/mo for 2GB smartphone plan is still there, with the same $40/mo base line fee that they have always had. So, unless there are changes coming AFTER today, it seems like the single line plans are all keeping the same pricing tiers they always had (since the end of unlimited and the end of the 4GB-for-2GB promo). When is USA Today going to issue a retraction for that steaming pile of **** about Verizon's new pricing that they called "news"?

There are even news outlets still throwing out tripe like this (on a local tv news web site): "Verizon Wireless 'Share Everything' plan has begun: Customers on low-priced plans now paying more". WTF? Customers who are on low priced plans are paying the exact same thing they always paid since the new plan only affects NEW customers who come in and WANT the pricing scheme. I am not a Verizon fanboy or anything, but this is lying plain and simple. Verizon is even keeping the $40 for a dumbphone (under the share-everything plan).

edit: corrected $40 plan info

Quote Originally Posted by joebob2000 View Post
    Going through today it looks like the $30/mo for 2GB smartphone plan is still there, with the same $40/mo base line fee that they have always had. So, unless there are changes coming AFTER today, it seems like the single line plans are all keeping the same pricing tiers they always had (since the end of unlimited and the end of the 4GB-for-2GB promo). When is USA Today going to issue a retraction for that steaming pile of **** about Verizon's new pricing that they called "news"?
    no one said the line based tiered data packages were going away. The only thing going away is unlimited data for those who upgrade their lines. The Share Everything plans are just an additional option for current customers.

no one said the line based tiered data packages were going away. The only thing going away is unlimited data for those who upgrade their lines. The Share Everything plans are just an additional option for current customers.
    Pretty much everyone on the internet is having a migraine over this tidbit: "The cheapest possible "Share Everything" monthly bill for a Verizon Wireless smartphone customer will become $90". They are basing that on the notion that Share Everything is the only contract option, and single line tiered data won't be allowed after 6/28 so anyone who wants a smartphone, even for a single line, will have to pay $90 a month. But, it looks like that isn't the case (Verizon never asserted that it was the case, but they never asserted it *wasn't* so people assumed the worst and ran with it).

Pretty much everyone on the internet is having a migraine over this tidbit: "The cheapest possible "Share Everything" monthly bill for a Verizon Wireless smartphone customer will become $90". They are basing that on the notion that Share Everything is the only contract option, and single line tiered data won't be allowed after 6/28 so anyone who wants a smartphone, even for a single line, will have to pay $90 a month. But, it looks like that isn't the case (Verizon never asserted that it was the case, but they never asserted it *wasn't* so people assumed the worst and ran with it).
    For new customers it has been said that Share Everything is the only option so for 1GB of data, it'd cost $90. Cheapest is $80 for just one smartphone and 300MB of data. Oddly enough the iconic portal used for pre-orders still show the old individual and family nationwide plans. Verizon has said all along that current customers could keep their existing plan and just add a line based tiered data package if they upgrade a line with unlimited data. Most people just fail to read and would rather panic instead.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

For new customers it has been said that Share Everything is the only option so for 1GB of data, it'd cost $90. Cheapest is $80 for just one smartphone and 300MB of data. Oddly enough the iconic portal used for pre-orders still show the old individual and family nationwide plans. Verizon has said all along that current customers could keep their existing plan and just add a line based tiered data package if they upgrade a line with unlimited data. Most people just fail to read and would rather panic instead.
    I'm concerned that once the Galaxy S3 pre-order is over, the method to get the old Individual and Family plan options will be closed.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I'm concerned that once the Galaxy S3 pre-order is over, the method to get the old Individual and Family plan options will be closed.
    It's pretty bizarre that they have it open for the preorder (even to new customers) amiright? If they really are switching to these new plans why not go all for it?
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

It's pretty bizarre that they have it open for the preorder (even to new customers) amiright? If they really are switching to these new plans why not go all for it?
    yep. new customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast