Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any one know when the Siii might get Jelly Bean???

I was reading up on some of the new features. I hope we will get the update soon. It seems like I had to wait forever for Tbolt updates. Still never got ICS.....

Default Re: Any one know when the Siii might get Jelly Bean???

ha surprised it took this long. Probably not anytime soon, at least not "officially" anyways.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 (stock), JB 4.1

Officially? Who knows. Via other devs? Probably a few months out? It's all speculation, but the sheer number of SIIIs that will be out there will make it pretty likely to be one of the first to get a port. The code is being released mid-July.
    BH, Certified Geekologist

We can probably be sure that the SIII will get it in the future. It's too bad Google is releasing 4.1 so soon, there are barely and devices out there that have been upgraded to ICS still and an even smaller number of them are coming with from launch day. Since ICS was such a big update it would have been nice to see it stick around a little longer so that the non-Nexus/non-root customer can get some time with it.

Hakuna matata...the Verizon circle of life.

If things run true to form, either Verizon will say (or rumor will have it that Verizon promised) to provide Jelly Bean in the first quarter of 2013. Around January 1, people will start posting messages like, "My phone keeps timing out when I try to check the update status. Does this mean Jelly Bean is about to come through?" Someone in Colorado will SWEAR that they got it OTA overnight, but screenshots will show they're still on the original stock ROM.

In February, someone over at XDA will announce a leaked version and release a custom ROM with it. Everyone will love it and complain that Verizon isn't releasing it because they haven't been able to get all the bloatware to work correctly.

In March, threads will start that say, "Verizon promised this in Q1 and all the other carriers released it back in October! I'm leaving them forever if they don't release it by XXX." This will continue until March 28, when threads will start, "Verizon has 48 hours until it has broken another promise."

On April 1, a lot of jokes will appear about Verizon and Jelly Bean being a joke, then despair will set in that Verizon will never release Jelly Bean for the phone.

In the beginning of May, Jelly Bean will appear OTA. Half of the forum members will complain that it bricked their phones/trashed their SD cards/changed their plans/ruined their battery life and the other half will say they're not downloading it because they've been using a custom ROM newer than Jelly Bean since last October.
    Thanked by 16:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    jstkdn, cae2685, TallyHo and 13 others like this.

I talked to a Verizon rep who told me you can't keep your unlimited data if you upgrade to Jelly Bean. That's why it's being released in mid-July.

Damn you Verizon!!

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App
    Thanked by 2:
    cae2685, Kalnel, tekhna and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith View Post
    I talked to a Verizon rep who told me you can't keep your unlimited data if you upgrade to Jelly Bean. That's why it's being released in mid-July.

Damn you Verizon!!

Once you have your phone the operating system shouldn't affect billing unless I'm missing something?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Once you have your phone the operating system shouldn't affect billing unless I'm missing something?
    I took it as a joke, I don't think he was being serious.

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith View Post

Damn you Verizon!!

You're joking right? Or did you actually believe such a ridiculous claim?
    In case I got lucky and actually helped you or gave good advice please click "thanks"

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Really you couldn't tell he was joking?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JeremytheIndian View Post
    You're joking right? Or did you actually believe such a ridiculous claim?
    Of course he was joking, and it was a dam good one imo.

The Verizon reps are just as clueless as us over the ICS update. Does anyone honestly think they know spit about a new operating system officially announced today?

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tysdad08 View Post
    Really you couldn't tell he was joking?

Nah... Checking these messages in between working. Brain hadn't caught up with my fingers...

Kalnel ... I hate your last post .... I wish that I could have been the one to come out with such a true, thoughtful and smartass post first.
    Great job
    Kalnel likes this.

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Of course he was joking, and it was a dam good one imo.
    In case I got lucky and actually helped you or gave good advice please click "thanks"

ROM
    i wish i could.

a friend at work was told that you can keep your unlimited if you upgrade to the galaxy s3, but you can if you upgrade any other phone.... hmmm I think the reps are always clueless.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Around the time the Galaxy S4 comes out.
    United States Air Force

Can't Google just keep this crap a secret until its actually released? As of now Jelly Bean doesn't exist on any phone. Nevertheless, there are people out there getting cheezed that they are a release or two behind (and I'm sure more than one apple fan-pundit ready to declare the tragedy of a slew of devices being 9 revisions behind.) Just keep us in the dark!

Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean vs Nexus with Jelly Bean: No Contest. S3 by a knockout.
    Thanked by:
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

See Samsung Fascinate.
    delldude405 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post

If things run true to form, either Verizon will say (or rumor will have it that Verizon promised) to provide Jelly Bean in the first quarter of 2013. Around January 1, people will start posting messages like, "My phone keeps timing out when I try to check the update status. Does this mean Jelly Bean is about to come through?" Someone in Colorado will SWEAR that they got it OTA overnight, but screenshots will show they're still on the original stock ROM.

In February, someone over at XDA will announce a leaked version and release a custom ROM with it. Everyone will love it and complain that Verizon isn't releasing it because they haven't been able to get all the bloatware to work correctly.

In March, threads will start that say, "Verizon promised this in Q1 and all the other carriers released it back in October! I'm leaving them forever if they don't release it by XXX." This will continue until March 28, when threads will start, "Verizon has 48 hours until it has broken another promise."

On April 1, a lot of jokes will appear about Verizon and Jelly Bean being a joke, then despair will set in that Verizon will never release Jelly Bean for the phone.

In the beginning of May, Jelly Bean will appear OTA. Half of the forum members will complain that it bricked their phones/trashed their SD cards/changed their plans/ruined their battery life and the other half will say they're not downloading it because they've been using a custom ROM newer than Jelly Bean since last October.
    Awesome post !
    Steve

Kalnel likes this.

It will probably take forever knowing that Verizon is involved. If you want it before the end of the year, you'll probably have to put it on there yourself. Which is fine I guess, and exactly why I wanted a phone like the S3 which will have a strong community behind it.

The upgraded voice commands sounded promising from the quick read I gave one of the Engadget articles.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post

Don't forget come July, everyone will start asking when will the sgs4 get the new key lime pie when the phone will still be taking pre orders the day Google installs a big fake piece of key lime pie on their lawn.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Kalnel and kath00 like this.

Cyanogenmod will announce it has started CM10 tomorrow, they will have a release candidate ready when our phones are delivered in two weeks, and everyone in this thread will be posting on the "why hasn't Verizon shipped my Nexus/GS4/Incredible5G yet" page by the time Verizon gets VZ Nav and City ID to work on the official release.

well the one thing the gs3 for verizon has on its side for updates is that its identical to the at&t and sprint ones... this is the first time vzw hasnt done some stupid branding/redesign on a multi carrier phone outside of the iphone. hopefully this means samsung can push the update to vzw at the same time it pushes it to the other carriers and then its just up to vzws annoyingly long q&a cycle.

ROM
    Full AOSP 4.2

Pretty sure the phone has to come out first.

Thanked by:
    duanedude1 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast