Convince Me

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
why I should get this phone when my Galaxy Nexus will have Jelly Bean around the time this phone is released? I already prordered it.

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you've already pre ordered it.. What are we supposed to be convincing you of?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
It comes down to if you value the S3's hardware more than JB on the Nexus.

For instance. I use the camera on my smartphone's often. After using the Nexus when I had it, and seeing the example's of shots taken with the S3.... JB on a phone with a crappy camera isnt worth it to me.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
why I should get this phone when my Galaxy Nexus will have Jelly Bean around the time this phone is released? I already prordered it.

What makes you think you will have jelly bean by mid July. It took longer for the Verizon nexus to get upgraded over the gsm version. I would expect the gsm version to have jelly bean in July, but I expect it to take longer for the Verizon version.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Should bworley50 get the S3??

Signs-Point-to-Yes.jpg

Convinced???

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What makes you think you will have jelly bean by mid July. It took longer for the Verizon nexus to get upgraded over the gsm version. I would expect the gsm version to have jelly bean in July, but I expect it to take longer for the Verizon version.

Considering 6000 devs just got their hands on a GN that will be receiving a JB OTA update tonight...

...I presume those users who are rooted will be seeing JB in rom form...within a few days?

Obviously, food for thought. Not everyone is rooted so there's that.

There is one conclusion that came to mind though--the SIII, hardware aside, seems stunningly...outdated...right now?

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Considering 6000 devs just got their hands on a GN that will be receiving a JB OTA update tonight...

...I presume those users who are rooted will be seeing JB in rom form...within a few days?

Obviously, food for thought. Not everyone is rooted so there's that.

There is one conclusion that came to mind though--the SIII, hardware aside, seems stunningly...outdated...right now?

pretty sure he said the SDK is out now, but no code drop until mid July when the updates roll.

Never mind - I paused the keynote and am a few mins behind.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to get the S3, get it because you like it for what it is now. If you get it in anticipation of an update to 4.1, you won't be happy. Take it from a former S1 owner who was still on Eclair for over 2 months after Gingerbread was released.

Reactions: bworley50

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
pretty sure he said the SDK is out now, but no code drop until mid July when the updates roll.

Never mind - I paused the keynote and am a few mins behind.

Yup..but devs are getting it OTA'd to them on their freebies. That means one will HOPEFULLY capture it and get to work. I mean we just need 1 out of 6000 to do it lol.

Hopefully, I expect to see some form of JB rom in the next week or two because of the above. Realistically, 2 weeks? Regardless, it wouldn't shock me if it was prior to the "roll out."

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yup..but devs are getting it OTA'd to them on their freebies. That means one will HOPEFULLY capture it and get to work. I mean we just need 1 out of 6000 to do it lol.

Hopefully, I expect to see some form of JB rom in the next week or two because of the above. Realistically, 2 weeks? Regardless, it wouldn't shock me if it was prior to the "roll out."

Yeah, that's why I edited my comment...mentioning the OTA rollout to them was among the last part. Agreed, a few weeks seems realistic though I don't know how the CDMA aspect may complicate things.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's why I edited my comment...mentioning the OTA rollout to them was among the last part. Agreed, a few weeks seems realistic though I don't know how the CDMA aspect may complicate things.

They should be able to adapt it fairly easily; that's how we were all on 4.0.4 roms months before 4.0.4 was pushed by Verizon.

That being said, I'll have JB mid July regardless, so :).

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
They should be able to adapt it fairly easily; that's how we were all on 4.0.4 roms months before 4.0.4 was pushed by Verizon.

That being said, I'll have JB mid July regardless, so :).

I lol'd when you posted this. You're on VZW dood. You'll get it by mid-november. :D

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

better hardware, presumably better battery life, along with better camera. Plus the sgs3 will have jelly bean shortly after it is released especially with how the devs work. But if the nexus works for you then stick with it. To me what the sgs3 offers over the nexus is enough to switch. Plus hopefully better signal since they are using the qualcomm chip in the sgs3.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What's there to convince?

If you want newer hardware, get the GSIII

If you want newer software, keep the GN.

-Suntan