Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Default Re: Apex vs nova launcher on the s3 because touchwiz sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by stainiu View Post
    Nova all the way for me, I personally found TW to be to clunky for my liking.
    Nova runs very fast and smooth, I like the recent apps icon that I have put in my dock. Apex has that as well.
    I have recent apps setup as the "Swipe up" gesture in Nova and it feels so intuitive. It's my most often used gesture. I LOVE GESTURES in Nova. See my screen shot for the gestures I use.

Apex vs nova launcher on the s3 because touchwiz sucks....-screenshot_2012-09-25-16-38-45.png

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Touchwiz is awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I personally don't mind touchwiz on the S3 one bit. I've been giving Nova a try because for one, I don't like the app drawer button on the right of the dock...I want it in the middle. Minor annoyance, but none the less, with Nova I can change that. The big one though is being able to restore homescreen configurations after a ROM install, which saves a ton of time and frustration. If TW or other stock launchers made it easy to backup/restore homescreen configs, I'd probably not bother with a 3rd party launcher at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gabead View Post
    Touchwiz is awesome.
    Yeah I'm with you.

Had my phone for about a week now and have tried both Apex and Nova. Personally, I think I prefer Touchwiz. I don't need landscape viewing on the home screen (why would anyone need that?), and every other change I can make without having to add a launcher. I can even modify the dock at the bottom on Touchwiz. Besides that and being able to use beautiful widgets & change my clock & background, I've got all the customization I need.

If you have 50 apps you use frequently and want to change icons and stuff, i can see the value of the launchers. But for most users, Touchwiz is all you really need.

I absolutely prefer Touchwiz on the s3 except for the horrid folder icons! I'm currently trying out Apex, but a lot of the widgets either don't work, or don't display corrently (like the alarm clock widget). If I could just bring the Apex folders to Touchwiz, I'd be a happy camper!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I'm running Nova. I tried Apex and it was not smooth with transitions. Nova is pretty close to TW in speed from what I've seen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Does nova have dock gestures like apex or no?

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Yea i use apex both are very similar but for me apex runs smoother on my phone.
    Remember that everyone's phone will run differently try them both and see what you like. You could also check out atom launcher it is very well done to. Don't use go launcher on the s3 you'd think will 2 gbs of ram its be smooth as butter but I'm running aosp jb and it is chunky as a what. Also performs the same on touchwiz.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

I downloaded Nova Prime yesterday for .25, and I have to say I like the way you can stack the apps. I have a question though. I set it for default yesterday, and when I woke up this morning touchwiz was running. As soon as I pressed the home button, Nova loaded again, but without the typical choose/set as default window. Anyone else have this happen?

I just picked up my S3 last Friday and was lucky to pick up Nova for .25 in the play store. Touch Wiz seemed fine but I had read a lot of good things about Nova and for a quarter, what the heck.
    DGL

Everything you believed is a lie...
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Guitar Lord View Post
    I just picked up my S3 last Friday and was lucky to pick up Nova for .25 in the play store. Touch Wiz seemed fine but I had read a lot of good things about Nova and for a quarter, what the heck.
    Exactly...Touchwiz is fantastic, but for a quarter?

I have Nova Prime on my rooted AOKP JB build 4. SGS3, And by far the smoothest of any launchers. Ever..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The SuperUser View Post
    I have Nova Prime on my rooted AOKP JB build 4. SGS3, And by far the smoothest of any launchers. Ever..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    out of the standard launchers i agree its the best. I just took the plunge on tsf shell and after returning and rebuying it. I have to say I haven't seen anything smoother
    Droid Incredible
    Rooted with Unrevoked 3.21
    S-Off
    Skyraider Vanilla Rom RC3
    KingxKernal #5/#5 Falling Up
    Linpack: 38.66
    Quadrant: 1710 <--- now thats incredible

I use Apex in my Galaxy Tab, and I installed it in my new S3 a month ago. But it was slow, and drop down the RAM. Then, 2 days ago I bought Nova Prime (at the promotion 0,25€) and it flies... It is the launches faster and more versatile I have tested (and I have used GO launcher, LauncherPro, ADW, Apex, and now Nova).

Global Posts
    7,669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Hands Up , Nova Prime

Well, I just switched from Nova to Apex, and noticed some more differences than I posted previously.

Apex allows a bigger grid (10x10) than Nova (which only allows 7x7), However, Nova allows folders in the drawer (something which Apex doesn't seem to unless I'm missing the setting).

I didn't really use the folders inside my drawer anyways, so the main reason I switched was for the bigger grid, which allows me to do more complicated layouts/customizations on my home screens.

For the most part, they seem pretty comparable though, with similar capabilities. Have not noticed any performance issues with one over the other or battery drain issues.

Nova has nice way to import other launcher settings....how to export Nova settings to other launchers?? Does any of the launcher save phone settings including build.prop and sysctrl changes as that would be nice feature??

Nova has transition cube feature which is smooth...Holo does not have it...not sure about Apex??

Hint: Holo has more free customizations so you can make changes and import it into Nova.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123