Jelly bean coming Q4

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I could see this happening. You have to remember that ICS took so long because it was pretty much a brand new OS. JB is more under the hood improvements and I think it will be easier for the manufacturers to get from ICS to JB than it was from GB to ICS.

thekendog

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I could see this happening. You have to remember that ICS took so long because it was pretty much a brand new OS. JB is more under the hood improvements and I think it will be easier for the manufacturers to get from ICS to JB than it was from GB to ICS.

I was thinking the same thing.

solido888

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

Those of us that had/have a fascinate cannot relate to what you mean. We recall the wait from 2.2 > 2.3 (unless we rooted and flashed a community developed ROM).

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that there's still a good chance that all US hardware is identical. Hasn't been confirmed AFAIK, but if that's true we could still use the update after a few tweaks to unlock the CDMA radio and our proper LTE freqs.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Something we learned at I/O this week that a lot of people are ignoring is the fact that Jelly Bean introduces an Android PDK.

The PDK will drop several months BEFORE each version of Android drops, which will give manufacturers a huge head start on updating their hardware each time a new version of Android is released.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Something we learned at I/O this week that a lot of people are ignoring is the fact that Jelly Bean introduces an Android PDK.

The PDK will drop several months BEFORE each version of Android drops, which will give manufacturers a huge head start on updating their hardware each time a new version of Android is released.

So did manufactures already get the PDK for Jelly bean?

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums