Is the phone definitely out on 7/12 ?

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Can I walk into a Verizon store on 7/12, pay my hard earned money and get one? Or do you think will they ship to pre-orders first and have shortages.

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
no info yet. only thing we know from the horses mouth (verizon), is that they are shipping preorders starting 7/9

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Can I walk into a Verizon store on 7/12, pay my hard earned money and get one? Or do you think will they ship to pre-orders first and have shortages.

Preorders will have theirs regardless. And same with the stores. Obviously Verizon will know what stores will sell more of these devices. July 12 is a good assumption that they will be in stores. Makes sense shipping out to first wave if customers on 9 july...meaning they should have in hand by 11 July...as you walk in the store 12 July to pick up
.....o did I mention 12 July is a thursday.... common launch day for red. None the less you would thought Verizon would have made an official announcement by now.

That's what makes guessing fun....:(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
If round 1 of the pre-orders are shipped on 7/9 as indicated, that will put them at your door on the 11th with their 2 day shipping. That's 1 day before the rumored July 12 launch which happens to be a Thursday, their typical launch day. That sounds about right...

komatoez

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
If round 1 of the pre-orders are shipped on 7/9 as indicated, that will put them at your door on the 11th with their 2 day shipping. That's 1 day before the rumored July 12 launch which happens to be a Thursday, their typical launch day. That sounds about right...

With regard to this: do you think that verizon will actually ship the phone ON the 9th or FOR the 9th? It seems like they would want to make sure that the pre-orders were in hand by the launch date after having everyone wait so long. It wouldn't matter for rounds 1 or 2, but round 3 of preorders wouldn't arrive until the day after they're meant to be in stores. I would think that could irritate some folks. Though, people get irritable over everything, so who knows. But then, I'll have mine before they're on the shelves either way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
When I was rep, popular phones like the Thunderbolt and iPhone 4 shipped a little early, so we'd have people coming into the store to activate them before we'd even have them in our stockroom.

Will it happen with the sg3? I hope so. But we'll see.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
When I was rep, popular phones like the Thunderbolt and iPhone 4 shipped a little early, so we'd have people coming into the store to activate them before we'd even have them in our stockroom.

Will it happen with the sg3? I hope so. But we'll see.

Yeah, they tend to ship new phones when they are good and ready. Will that be a day or two early? Probably, but it's not worth getting your hopes up since after all this is verizon. The one thing that preorderers get (even if their handsets are in-hand a day late) is the ability to keep unlimited data. That, in itself, is worth the extra day to pretty much anyone you will ever ask.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if "buzz" comes into play.

If they think everyone will love the phone, they might ship it a few days early to build buzz for store walk-ins. If they're more nervous about the reception, they might try to get the phone to hit pre-orders and stores around the same time, so they don't scare off in-store people.

The iPhone and the Thunderbolt were highly anticipated, just as the S3 is.

But, who knows? Total speculation on my part.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
TMobile has it now. Went at lunch to check it out. It was a dummy model. Every phone they had was a dummy.

I thought it was a corporate store since it was big and stand alone, maybe not.

But, I got to hold it. Nice!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

marty.brown

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was in a TMo store last night and held a working phone in my sweaty little palm. It did not have a sim card in it, so it couldn't fully function, but it did operate.

It feels very comfortable in my hand. I'm moving up from a Droid Incredible - a much smaller phone, yet the Samsung does not feel like a large phone. It is light and very thin. My heavens, I am really going to like this phone when it arrives!

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

This article I read today, kinda of directly indicates your best bet, that the 12th as stated earlier is the best bet to walk in a pick one up...I like this article solely for that fact that the numbers are squashing IPHONE...LOL

Samsung Galaxy S3: no fixed release date due to supply issues | Northern Voices Online: NVO News Blog

Reactions: spun2u

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Girl at the costco wireless booth, yesterday, seems to think they will have them in stock and ready to sell tomorrow, 7/1. This is in OC, CA.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Girl at the costco wireless booth, yesterday, seems to think they will have them in stock and ready to sell tomorrow, 7/1. This is in OC, CA.

I dont think that will happen about the selling part even if they have them in stock.VZW has to give the "go ahead" before they sell them with 3rd party stores like costco.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084