Verizon better hurry, Apple coming

martian_11

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
is anyone else nervous as hell they wont get their phone before apple tries to get another device banned?

I'm nervous too... stupid apple just got the Injunction against Galaxy Nexus & Tab 10.1, next is S3. I still don't understand why Verizon is taking so long to release the damn phone.?

imneveral0ne

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If I was Verizon, I would release every S3 I had tonight so I could charge everyone's credit cards and get my money before they have to hold onto em...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This crap by apple only makes me dislike them that much more and want to buy as many android products as I can right away. I have a razr maxx and preordered the sgs3 and was thinking about the nexus tablet but now that apple is doing this and I may have to wait even longer for my sgs3 I think i am going to preorder a nexus 7 now. F*** You Apple make a better product and quit crying because you are no longer innovating and cannot keep just copying features.

Reactions: martian_11

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Calm down judge already rule that Apple can't delay s3, this was about 2 weeks ago. Everyone can relax we will get our s3 when vzw release the phone.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/1...sung-galaxy-s3-launch-thanks-to-judge-ruling/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

No. This ruling just said Apple couldn't amend their Nexus suit and add the S3. Apple will definitely be filing an injunction request against the S3 citing the same patents that were successful against the Nexus. And given the ruling today against Samsung, there's a good chance Apple succeeds.

Verizon had better hurry!

Last edited:
Reactions: MERCDROID

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The injuction with the Galaxy Tab was on the first version. This does not affect the new Tab 2 10.1 nor the Tab 2 7.0 tablets. And retailers are able to sell their remaining stock. Kind of a moot point to get an injuction on a device that they don't manufactor any longer.

Reactions: djmikel

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This snippet from All Things D definitely makes it sound like there room for them to add the S3 into the suit.

"Koh?s ruling prevents Samsung from selling the Galaxy Nexus or any other product that is no more than colorably different? and infringes on the Apple patent in question. However, Koh set a hearing for Monday morning to decide whether to put the injunction on hold pending an appeal by Samsung."

Link

Im slightly worried.

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would bet that Verizon already took legal possession of the devices (even if they don't physically have them). No judge is going to prevent a business from selling a product that it bought in good faith.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I would bet that Verizon already took legal possession of the devices (even if they don't physically have them). No judge is going to prevent a business from selling a product that it bought in good faith.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk
Tell that to every retailer holding Nexus phone stock they can't sell now. An injunction means you can't sell it!

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Over 10 million already sold overseas, over 10 million pre-ordered in North America - with the majority of those already delivered in the US and Canada.

If Apple was going to stop this they would have done it last month; they wouldn't have waited until almost 20 million people already had them in hand.

devman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Tell that to every retailer holding Nexus phone stock they can't sell now. An injunction means you can't sell it!

If I'm not mistaken, the injunction is against Samsung. You can't be enjoined from performing an action via a suit your are not a party to. Any phones already in retail channels can be sold unless Apple gets an injunction against those retailers specifically.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

According to this article, retailers can still sell whateer stock they have, Samsung just can't ship to the retailers.

Apple Wins Preliminary Injunction Against Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted by Shawn Ingram | 06/29/2012 | 2 Comments

A week after the U.S. launch of the Galaxy S III and a few days after the announcement of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Samsung has some bad news.
According to Reuters, U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh granted Apple a preliminary injunction against Samsung?s Galaxy Nexus, which will effectively ban the phone in the U.S. until the conclusion of a trial court verdict. The decision is very similar to the recent injunction Koh granted for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
For the preliminary injunction to take effect, Apple must post a bond of $96 million, though Samsung does have the opportunity to appeal.
It is important to remember, however, that users can still buy the Galaxy Nexus now. Like the HTC One X, retailers can still sell the Galaxy Nexus until stock runs out.
Reuters reporter Dan Levine tweeted about the decision. According to Levine, Judge Koh?s decision is largely based on Apple?s 8,086,604 patent which involves universal search. The patent is Apple?s Siri patent, and the same one Apple used in an attempt to add the Galaxy S III to this preliminary injunction.
In the court case, Apple argued the patent also covers text search, which Judge Koh seems to agree with, according to FOSS Patents.
Remember, this case started before Google unveiled Google Now which arguably copies Siri and could lead to a number of other problems for Samsung and other manufacturers.
Judge Koh found that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus infringes on all four patents in the case which also include slide to unlock, data tapping, and autocorrect. The judge didn?t believe the other three patents presented potential damage to Apple, however, as they are not features that consumers will specifically search for in a smartphone, and are unlikely to cause irreparable harm.
Apple can now choose to add the Galaxy S III to the injunction, a move that would delay the court case. However, if Apple only used the one patent for the injunction, the court case likely won?t be moved too far into the future.
Apple Wins Preliminary Injunction Against Samsung Galaxy Nexus

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to the completion of the Motorola Google purchase. The Moto patents can prevent Apple from winning anymore patents wars against android. (So I read in an article, hersay?)

Last edited:

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Against Android OS as it appears on Nexus devices specifically, you're probably correct. Apple's suits against Samsung seem to mostly focus on physical design or Samsung-added software like s voice. Googorola's patents wouldn't protect Samsung from things like this, afaik.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Against Android OS as it appears on Nexus devices specifically, you're probably correct. Apple's suits against Samsung seem to mostly focus on physical design or Samsung-added software like s voice. Googorola's patents wouldn't protect Samsung from things like this, afaik.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The suit against the gnex is all software related if I'm not mistaken (slide to unlock, data tapping, etc). None of which Samsung actually added with it being a pure google device.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
They all do the same thing .... Cell phones stopped getting original 4 years ago .... Hypocrites all of em.
If this phone gets held up I may just buy a nexus for the cheaper price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20