Went into the Verizon store for giggles

bl024292

May 11, 2010
Visit site
lol, i can see who all would open their presents in the days leading to christmas. you guys have no patience, enjoy a little suspense, the thrill.

bl024292

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Lol, don't kill me, deep down i can't wait myself. I hope the ship the 2nd, think about it, sprint, att and tmobile are gonna all be fulfilled by then, why so long for vzw customers.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local best buy and the rep said he had them in stock (for pre-orders) but could not sell them or show them until Verizon gave the 'go ahead'. I then went to an ATT store, Tmobile and Verizon (all at the same mall). The ATT guy did not know the date, Tmobile had a working demo and accessories (the phone is nice, im glad I ordered the white). The verizon rep was emphatic in saying the phone will be in stores on July 9th. I asked him several times and he said you can walk in the store and buy on the 9th. This was in Salinas, CA....fwiw

Reactions: jimbo1mcm

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local best buy and the rep said he had them in stock (for pre-orders) but could not sell them or show them until Verizon gave the 'go ahead'. I then went to an ATT store, Tmobile and Verizon (all at the same mall). The ATT guy did not know the date, Tmobile had a working demo and accessories (the phone is nice, im glad I ordered the white). The verizon rep was emphatic in saying the phone will be in stores on July 9th. I asked him several times and he said you can walk in the store and buy on the 9th. This was in Salinas, CA....fwiw

I sort of did the same today ....except the verizon manager was very optimistic that an official launch will have to come soon since they will be launching the HTCdinc 4g....all while hanging the propaganda for sg3. Also that only certain stores while be stocking amounts and models, depending on location of that store, makes sense. This also fueled my belief that certain folks that have the corporate e-mail know more but just can't say.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has a history of releasing on Thursdays. My bet is in order to ship by the 9th and release on a more traditional day that it will be shipping out this Thursday the 5th.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have to laugh (sorry guys). When I see something with a line that reads "ships by xx/xx" to me that means it's leaving the warehouse on a truck by that date, not that I should expect the parcel on my doorstep ON that date.

Ships by usually means that is the latest they expect to be getting the phones out the warehouse door and into the trucks. Yes, shipments MIGHT have left sooner, but the date usually means that is the latest expected date that they will be getting them out the door. Barring of course, unforeseen circumstances.

If I had pre-ordered (which I haven't, I've got a different phone on a canadian carrier), the only way I'd start getting really antsy is when I get an email saying "Your device has been shipped. This is your tracking code, we expect delivery within X business days."

Of course everyone wants the newest toys, and yes I'm sure its very exciting. But come on, lets be honest.... does an extra day or 2 REALLY make that much of a difference? MAYBE for someone who's old device is broken and they can't/won't get a cheapie device in the meantime. But really... its an extra 48hrs for a device that you'll probably be using for another 2 years.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Even the VZW reps who handle company accounts are completely in the dark (or pretend to be).

I've basically decided to forget about the release date till I see an official announcement. Life is much more peaceful that way :)

CPColley

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I talked to my business rep and she said that my phone with a by 7/11 ship date will be at my work 7/13. So basically 2 days after whatever your ship date is

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh, yeah, the crow. I was like "what tastes better?" LOL! My friend did get phones in today for his pre-orders. So I guess he wasn't totally wrong.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Then why in the blue f%$# is everyone arguing about ship date!?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

LoL I gave up along time ago about dwelling about the ship date,every once and awhile I mentioned it but peoples gunno believe what they want.I guess it dont really matter as long as the ship, ha
Besides I guess it gives people something to talk about to
pass the time ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR