google wallet

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Verizon is allowing Google Wallet on their phones. The Gnex on Verizon didn't have it but it has NFC. I can't remember where i read this but I read somewhere that Verizon is paring up with other companies working on their own NFC payment app called "isis" or something along thoses lines.

So I don't will work on the Verizon GS3. If someone else knows more please fill me in.

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I heard that it won't be "Pre-loaded" from Verizon, but as I understood it, Google Wallet is just an app that is available for phones running ICS and have NFC chips..... So you can just download it from Google Play. There is no way in hell Google would let Verizon use their OS but cut them out of the 'money'!!!

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I just looked it up, on the Nexus, now that it has ICS 4.0.4, People are officially downloading Wallet without being rooted or being in debugging mode.... They are not seeing it directly in the Play store though, UNTIL they go directly to the Wallet site then follow the link from there back to the Play Store.... Then it shows up as available.

I Have no idea how Verizon is able to hide your phone from seeing it in the Play Store without taking the back-road into the play store..... But they did. That's really shady behavior!!!! :mad:

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
apk should work fine even if Verizon blocks (?) it in the play store. Or you could root if you're in to that. If you want to use it on the S3 there will be several ways you can get it even if Verizon doesn't want you to.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, VZW along with ATT are working on their own product, which judging by the length of time it is taking to come to market, is probably going to be underwhelming. In preparation for their own subpar product, they block Google Wallet, which makes me wonder how this isn't anti-competitive.

I'll have to finally look and see if there is anywhere I can even use it. If so, maybe I'll put it on the S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1