Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dmmarck
  • 1 Post By raremage
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wow.....Another phone challenging S3

Wow these Korean Giants....R putting out some products! Don't think it will make it to the U.S. but wow ......

http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/07/0...r-form-factor/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Wow.....Another phone challenging S3

The specs don't look that impressive and color me skeptical that Pantech can make a good high-end Android handset.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
    The specs don't look that impressive and color me skeptical that Pantech can make a good high-end Android handset.
    Yeah I'm calling shenanigans.
    svfd757 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
    their lower end smartphone review isn't that great.

Set Your Location

Holy moly, this looks like a BEAST! Probably won't come stateside in any case, but wow
    ... do want.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Yeah I'm calling shenanigans.
    Their att LTE phone got pretty complimentary reviews. Didn't say it was high end, but said it was specced far above its price class.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure how it's an S3 killer, as the article says:
    Pantech, being mostly Korean smartphone maker with very limited distribution abroad, chose to do its new flagship as an exclusive project with SK Telecom. Vega S5 comes with its own, carrier customized Android skin/apps, and chances of you getting it outside of Korea are close to nil.

So, they're not exporting it, and aren't likely to do so. Then the speculation:

Still, if Pantech can do it in Korea, maybe they’ll decide to expand with the new Galaxy S3 killer abroad too. Or someone else, like HTC or Motorola, will take a hint and release something like it this fall.

In other words, maybe someone else will release a phone with higher specs than the S3 in the future. Really? Who would expect that?

Silly article, silly commentary, non-story outside Korea for the time being.
    Premium1 likes this.

ROM
    i wish i could.

seems how these phones are made months in advance I'm sure there will be lots coming out this fall, hell the s4 is probably already being drawn up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

"Zero-bezel technology"

That writer is clueless. And higher mexapixels =/= better camera

Eh. Even if it was in the S3's league, I'd rather stick with a known company. The offerings from Samsung, HTC, and Moto would really need to be weak for me to consider a Pantech or other "second-tier" manufacturers.

Global Posts
    2,819 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Yeah, I consider Pantech in the same way as I consider Hyundai and Kia for cars. They've come a long way in recent years, but I still wouldn't buy one. This has got to be fake. There is no way they shaved 20% off the width of the SG3 and still have a bigger display? The SG3 doesn't exactly have a huge bezel....