She's in my hands!!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just got my S3

Looks like Verizon slapped quite a few pieces of bloat on there compared to its US variants..

V Cast
VZ Nav
My Verizon Mobile
V Cast Tones

Those are some that stick out in the screenies... Maybe I'm missing a few more, I'm not completely familiar with Verizon's bloat..

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Looks like Verizon slapped quite a few pieces of bloat on there compared to its US variants..

V Cast
VZ Nav
My Verizon Mobile
V Cast Tones

Those are some that stick out in the screenies... Maybe I'm missing a few more, I'm not completely familiar with Verizon's bloat..

HAHAHA......that is not a lot of bloat.

jhanford

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

V Cast
VZ Nav
My Verizon Mobile
V Cast Tones

Who are VZW kidding with VZ Navigator. Does anyone seriously use that still?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

And I wouldn't call my verizon mobile bloatware. It is useful in managing your account and keeping track of usage.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Not to threadcrap but whats the disaster if it takes a few more days to activate? You know you have it 4 days before it was even supposed to *ship*... I would just bask in the glory of the huge screen and what must be a super duper comforting dripping noise coming from it every time you touch the screen.

just playing, i am super jealous! :p

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

V Cast
VZ Nav
My Verizon Mobile
V Cast Tones

Is it like other ICS devices where you can "uninstall" any app (even system apps aka bloatware) with one click from the app manager? I watched my friend with an AT&T S2 do that and was OMFG-jealous.

1st test call to my wife. She says OMG you got your phone. I ask she knows. She said its much clearer then the iPhone I had been using for the last 10 months. SWEET!

Installed 64GB microSDXC class 10 card. works perfect so far.

Is it because the mic is actually out in front of you and not half way up your face thanks to the tinyness of the iPhone? That's what I would go with, but I would love to hear that samsung was actually concerned about voice quality (pretty much no smartphone does that very well).

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my 16GB blue one about two hours ago. The color looks great and I just slipped my GNex's SIM card in and it activated with no problems.

The reception dbm numbers seems about the same as my GNex but speedtest shows the speed as much much faster.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my 16GB blue one about two hours ago. The color looks great and I just slipped my GNex's SIM card in and it activated with no problems.

The reception dbm numbers seems about the same as my GNex but speedtest shows the speed as much much faster.

Pics? Not purple? :p

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Network signal seems fine.
-89dBm 51asu

EDIT
Seems to be in the mid 80's right now. I am deep in the basement of a building though. I'll surface & check it again. BRB. My boss understands...its cool. His will be in Monday.

it was at 78dBm

NICE!!!!

I usually run in the mid 70s with my DX, so this is great news!!

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

I thought the S3 uses a microSim and the Gnex doesn't? How did you use your Gnex sSIM in a micro Sim slot? physically won't fit.

viper8u2

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

This is what I am interested in. I had a GNEX and sold it because the signal sucked. I dropped calls like crazy and the signal showed 120 at my house. I am hoping they changed the antenna in the GS3. I was on a fringe area of 4g though.

My Rezound and Tjhunderbolt are around 90-100

Do you still have your GNEX to compare?

If its the same I will be selling mine the same day