[Solved]: How to Activate/Steps from 3G to 4G

lesir

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to post them anyway:

1. Do not power on your phone. If it is powered on power it off.
2. Activate your SIM card: Dial (877) 807-4646 from any phone and follow the prompts to activate your 4G LTE service.Have your Customer Receipt with you because you may be asked to confirm information from it, including the mobile number assigned to your 4G LTE SIM card.
3. Do not power on your phone yet.
4. Insert your SIM card and battery into your SIII.
5. Power it on.
6. When prompted to use Backup Assistant, say NO. BA is unnecessary bloatware. Welcome to the world of Android where all your contact info sync and gets pulled from Gmail. The General Help and How To Forum has stickies on how import contact info from almost every device imaginable. I also posted a sticky in the Introductions forum that includes links on getting started if you're new.

If you've already activated without the power off requirement -- good for you, but not doing so has caused me issues in the past.

If you already have a micro SIM from a prior device you can skip the above steps. Just remove from the old phone and stick it in the new one.
hi how about switching sim card from a 4g iphone; would i need to do any change or would it even work? (att version)

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
hi how about switching sim card from a 4g iphone; would i need to do any change or would it even work? (att version)

You will have a Verizon SIM card in the box, use that. There's a wall between AT&T/ T-Mobile and Verizon. SIM cards don't work across that wall.

Don't worry its a quick and easy process.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...rather weird that the carrier doesn't simply 'activate' 4G via the SIM. Hence once the customer inserts that SIM, and battery and powers the device on, they have 4G. Why all these steps?

Honestly, less really is more; just saying.

nighthawk700

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Two activation questions:

1) When I activate my new SIII, will it automatically deactivate my old Droid? Should I have the old Droid turned off or data off or anything first?

2) The instructions talk a bit about saving contacts from the old phone. I use Google Contacts for everything, so that should automatically be imported when I start up the new phone and give it my Google account, correct? So I can ignore the switching contacts part?

This is only my second phone with Verizon, and second Android, so don't want to make a false assumption. :) I won't be starting up the new phone until Saturday night anyway, so not a major rush.

Thanks.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Should I put my sd card in at the same time I put my sim card in before powering it on? Or wait until it's up and running then turn it off and pop it in.

After the phone is up and running, should I format the sd card through the phone or not bother?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy