sad on verizons part

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am at work and my son called to say the phone is in.. I called my local verizon store to see if they have any cases for sale yet for this phone., girl stated no and they didnt know when the phone was being released. I said I preordered my phone and it just came in today and verizon has annouced directly that phoen will be avaiable on july 9th. so how is it that verizon employees still dont have a clue.. My concern is when I go home and If I have an issue activating how the hell are they suppose to help.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I get your point. On the other hand, we could be grateful that Verizon is sending them out earlier than stated. Sending them out earlier may be causing some hiccups here and there but for some they already have their phones in hand and are getting them activated.

Reactions: Ms.galaxy3

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Order them online. Better prices Imo. Especially the driztronic you cases for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand some stores just got them today. Along with accesories. Obviously they cant sell the phones yet. Dunno about the accessories.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I get your point. On the other hand, we could be grateful that Verizon is sending them out earlier than stated. Sending them out earlier may be causing some hiccups here and there but for some they already have their phones in hand and are getting them activated.

And that brings me to my next concern, if they all cant be activated yet, how does the 14day return policy work. I thought it starts the day you receive it, not the day you activate. therefore if you cant activate till the 9th will we lose 4days of our return policy

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am at work and my son called to say the phone is in.. I called my local verizon store to see if they have any cases for sale yet for this phone., girl stated no and they didnt know when the phone was being released. I said I preordered my phone and it just came in today and verizon has annouced directly that phoen will be avaiable on july 9th. so how is it that verizon employees still dont have a clue.. My concern is when I go home and If I have an issue activating how the hell are they suppose to help.

Buying a case, sd card etc from a Verizon store is requesting to be ripped off on top of your bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: gonzo2186

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
just get accessories for the other versions. They are all the same. You can buy accessories for any of the other versions, they don't have to be Verizon's overpriced stuff.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
And that brings me to my next concern, if they all cant be activated yet, how does the 14day return policy work. I thought it starts the day you receive it, not the day you activate. therefore if you cant activate till the 9th will we lose 4days of our return policy

Pretty much, but I'm sure they'll figure out the activation hangup before the 9th.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

From what I've been reading the problem with the few who are having activation problems has nothing to do with the 9th. Most are getting them activated with no glitches so it's not a problem of it not being the 9th yet, looks more like an account issue or they got hold of a clueless rep. Clueless reps seem to be the biggest problem on VZW for ALL issues. If you get a good one things go smoothly, if you get a bad one, simple issues can become nightmares.

Not trying to ding you here, just trying to keep things real. There have been only one, possibly two, reports here of activations issues, but an increasing number of people reporting receiving their SIII's and getting them up and running with no problems at all.

Reactions: tmax1964

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I think it's already been said that people are having no problems activating their phones.

Also, I ordered a blue flip cover off of amazon for $20 plus shipping that just arrived at my door... even though I haven't received my phone yet :D

zschutzman

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have problems with anything Verizon-related, always call the customer service system. The people n the phone have more control over your account and go through device and systems training before the floor reps do.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The nice thing about all of the versions of the Samsung Galaxy s III is that they are outwardly identical in dimensions. As such, you could have ordered yourself a case or two long before your phone ever arrived. I did.

If the none of the three cases I ordered off ebay fit properly, I'm out less than $8. I won't mind buying a different, more expensive case if this happens. That's the risk I run...

MARQUISMARC

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
spent an hour on the phone with vzw tech support this morning trying to get my phone activated. End result, the serial number for my phone was never entered into the vzw system and now I have to wait for them to call me back after they get someone to enter it. So all those who say activations are going smoothly are full of it.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
spent an hour on the phone with vzw tech support this morning trying to get my phone activated. End result, the serial number for my phone was never entered into the vzw system and now I have to wait for them to call me back after they get someone to enter it. So all those who say activations are going smoothly are full of it.

You mean ALL activations aren't going smoothly. Apparently, quite a few are.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You mean ALL activations aren't going smoothly. Apparently, quite a few are.

Hopefully, those who are getting them tomorrow and later will be ok.

Besides, it is hard for me to believe anything the reps on the phone tell me.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

No, they aren't full of it...you're just having issues.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

If I had to guess, I would say it's a reflection of 'you get what you pay for.' VZW pays those store reps what, around $8 per hour plus commissions? Many of them could care less if it doesn't increase their sales number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance